Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imation Posts: 284, Reputation: 36

Apr 5, 2007, 07:25 AM
    Insecurity and trust
    At some stage in a relationship, chances are someone is going to get some jealous or insecure feelings. These can lead to distrust and ultimate relationship breakdown.
    Trust can come from an incident with a third party, a build up of action..
    Or just an overall jealous person.. there's heaps more but these are main ones

A common women's complaint in a relationship is that they want more love, attention, affection and effort.
    Is it therefore unreasonable for a man to expect the same love, attention, affection and effort?
    Women want a man who can talk to them, understand them, be confident, reliable, trustworthy, committed... there's a long list lol
    But is it unreasonable for the man to expect the same in return?
    Where is the line where one party thinks that the other needs to change, and if compromise is the case... as it often is... what happens if one side of the agreement is met but the other is not.
    What happens when the man is constantly let down by his partner when there has been unfulfilled compromise after unfulfilled compromise? Even if the issue is a common female problem..
    How does a relationship stand a chance when the man thinks more effort is needed, but the woman feels that she is making an effort...
    Who's turn is it to compromise?
    Does the woman make more of an effort and if so... what does she do?
    Or is it the man who needs to trust his partner and learn to feel content with the effort that's currently being made?
    I hope a lot of people could comment on this topic, I know there's no succinct question in there... but you'll find it if you look hard enough
    Thanks
    sypher373 Posts: 360, Reputation: 38

Apr 5, 2007, 08:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by imation

a common womens complaint in a relationship is that they want more love, attention, affection and effort.
    Seems to be just as common a complaint that they receive "too much love and attention" which leads to the common complaint of "smothering".

I guess it's a balance that each relationship needs to find.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Apr 5, 2007, 09:03 AM
    Many people - men and women - are often very confused over what they really want, and change their mind about what they want based on a whim or fleeting momentary desire.

Many people - men and women - also often want what they can't have. It doesn't matter "how good" they have it now, they see "something better" and decided they "can't settle".

By following one of these to an extreme, many people ruin their lives. You can apply these to just about anything - not just relationships...
    imation Posts: 284, Reputation: 36

Apr 5, 2007, 04:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sypher373
    Seems to be just as common a complaint that they receive "too much love and attention" which leads to the common complaint of "smothering".

I guess its a balance that each realtionship needs to find.

Your right, that's one thing I forgot to add. It is a common complaint that men are "needy"
    But what spawns this neediness...
    Is it in all cases that the man has insecurities and needs to get over them with no change on the woman's part, or is it the mans point of view where he want to be more loved and feel more effort is being made in the relationship?
    Can it be both?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I don't trust him [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 7 years. We had some problems like all marriages, I thought but last Xmas he decided he wanted the divorce because he was not in love with me and could not leave like that anymore. He wanted freedom. He changed his mind about two months after that. He asked me...

Revocable Trust (Grantor) Trust w/3rd party trustee [ 2 Answers ]

It was my understanding that if a grantor set up a revocable trust and a third party (let's say a bank) was named as trustee, the trustee was required to file a Form 1041. I am unable to locate any IRC or other guidance that would confirm or deny this. Please help. Thank you. Diana

Is there a cure for jealosy and insecurity? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I admit Im a jealous person. Definitely NOT envy but jealousy. I don't like my boyfriend staring at other girls. I don't like him being with female friends. I get upset with it. Im trying to control it and Im not showing him that I'm jealous some times. I am still unsure if that is also...

Reasonable suspicion or insecurity? [ 14 Answers ]

Hey all.. I am a 21 year old male who is currently engaged to the love of my life.. ill get right down to the problem.. I recently got out of basic training for the U.S. Army, and while I was in there my sister told me that my future wife had cheated on me.. my sister had not seen it but rather...

Trust [ 7 Answers ]

I have been cheated on and beat since the age of 16. I am now 32 yrs old. How do you put all that behind you and trust a man?

View more questions Search