Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lichitapechocha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2014, 09:55 AM
    Statistics question
    1 A box contains 4 yellow balls, 6 green balls and 5 white balls. If one ball is chosen at random. Calculate the probability that:

b) the ball will be yellow
    c) the ball will be white
    d) the ball will be green
    e) the ball will be red
    f) the ball will not be white
    g) the ball will not be red

2 Mary was presented a fruit basket on her birthday. The basket contained 5 apples, 7 oranges and 8 peaches. She decided to give 3 fruits to her 4 year old daughter but the fruits were picked one after without replacement. Calculate the probability that:

a) one fruit of each species was picked
    b) one peach and two oranges were picked
    c) three peaches were picked
    d) two apples and one orange were picked
    d) no oranges were picked
    e) no peaches were picked
    f) two peaches and one apple were not picked

3 Calculate the probability of at least one answer correct from a test consisting of thirty (30) questions with options A, B, C.

A lottery game requires $5.00 to enter. One will receive $1,000,000.00 if he/she wins. If the probability that a person wins is 0.0002, Calculate the expected value
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2014, 12:08 PM
    Sorry, we don't do your homework for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask a statistics question [ 0 Answers ]

How can I statistically compare one set of numbers to another set of numbers for the purpose of determining if they agree and support each other? The first list of numbers were generated by a computer modeling program, and the second set was generated by an on-site field evaluator. Each set of...

Statistics Question [ 4 Answers ]

I found that the:Average,Median,Mode ,and the Variance. http://p1cture.me/images/83563902090613820582.jpg And now I got new Information that say's that after reviewing exams it was decided to give more 5 point to each student, as long as the test score does not exceed 100. How all the indices...

Need help with statistics question... [ 1 Answers ]

Mean height of men, mean 68 inches and a standard deviation of 2.5 inches. What is the probability of a man selected at random will have a hight above 72 inches? A sample of 49 meant, what is the probaility that the mean hight is greater than 67 inches (using standard score table)?

Question is about statistics [ 3 Answers ]

my teacher said that stars are infinite so they are continuous variable... I agree they are infinite but they are in whole numbers so why are not they discrete variable... like number of stars and number of books are same in counting both are counted and stars are not measured they are counted so...

View more questions Search