Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    most wanted 27 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2014, 01:19 AM
    How long does it take to publish a writing
    I have written many storys but I don't know how long it will take to publish them or if its free
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 14, 2014, 01:59 AM
    It can take years, or it can never happen. How many publishers have you submitted them to. How many rejection letters do you have.

Are you able to pay to have it published on your own, print your own books ?
    DardeDander Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2014, 05:08 AM
    Hi there it usually takes about 6 months to publish a book taking into account cover design and editing, the time can vary depending on the publisher.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 14, 2014, 06:43 AM
    The 6 months figure is from signing to release. It also depends on the type of book. Technical books can take longer. But this assumes you have a publisher that has agreed to publish. Do you? If not have you tried submitting your stories to publisher's? Are these full novels or short stories?

However, with today's technology, its not difficult to self publish (e-books) and self promote (web sites) your work. Have you considered that?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you publish [ 11 Answers ]

Okay soooooo I've been writing a book for some time now. It's going on the 5th month. Now, I have one chapter left to write before I finish it. Not including the time I'll need to go back and revise. I've looked up a bunch of information myself, but I was wondering if anyone on here has...

Why was the "long s" used in writing in the 18th century? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi there. This question is for anyone who knows about English language. I'm in Sixth Form and practising writing an answer to a question for English Language, which involves explaining in depth why language has changed over time in reference to a text. I have been given a past paper with two texts...

To Publish a Book [ 1 Answers ]

I am organizing myself to write a book and have no experience in finding a publisher. Can anyone help me with this?

How to publish [ 6 Answers ]

I like to wright short stories and poems but I don't know how to publish them

Publish book [ 4 Answers ]

I am in the middle of writing a book and I am wondering: Is there a place where I can send it and they say if it is good enough to publish?

View more questions Search