Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    195119531977 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2014, 10:25 AM
    I was cutting my lawn and needed to back up. I disengaged the pto and shifted into r
    My riding mower cut out when I shifted into reverse and now will not start.The fuse is fine the battery is good. I think it's a safety switch some where. Is there anyway of disconnecting them so I don't have this problem any more?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jun 21, 2014, 11:40 PM
    Hi,
    If I had to guess, the PTO is still on. And simply, no, it is not legal for me to direstly tell you that; they are called "safety" for a reason.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does craftsman lawn mower 31c7070230 stop running whenm disengaged [ 0 Answers ]

Model 31c7070230 Type e1 Code 040701z runs but does stop when clutch is disengaged. When blades are disengaged also die. I have replaced safety sensor on clutch. What do I need to do or how to fix this problem. Thanks, Tom

15.5 Kolher Craftsman lawn tractor cutting belt smoking off main pulley (disengaged) [ 2 Answers ]

My old man's 15.5 kohler engine lawn tractor broke the belt and when he installed a new one it would not disengage even with the lever all the way down. It would instantly try to stall and make a loud screeching sound and eventually would cause smoke. I reinstalled the belt by adjusting the...

Craftsman lawn tractor engine dies when clutch disengaged [ 2 Answers ]

It starts up just fine. The mower blades are not engaged... but when I let up on the clutch/brake, the engine dies - even when it's in neutral. What is wrong with it?

Lawn Tractor Disengaged [ 1 Answers ]

Troy built lawn tractor starts and runs fine, but doesn't engage the drive or the blades after I took the deck off. Any suggestions. To clarify, the motor is not turning the pulleys to move the belt to turn the blades. Also the motor doesn't turn the wheels to move the lawn mover. Something...

View more questions Search