Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michael Floyd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2014, 08:40 PM
    Install a ceiling fan remote using three wires from ceiling red white, and black
    How do I wire a celling fan remote with Red White, and Black wires coming from celling?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jun 13, 2014, 06:21 AM
    You need to be a little clearer, please.

Do you mean that there are only 3 wires in the outlet box? Is there a wall switch in the room also?

It is possible that the feed to this outlet box is supplied by the switch using a 3 wire cable. Take a look at the switch. Whichever conductor is connected to the switch, that is the conductor you use for the light. The other (non interrupted conductor) is the feed for the fan.

If there is a different configuration, please let us know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New ceiling light has black, white, red and ground wire. Ceiling wires are... [ 5 Answers ]

Black, white and ground. What do I do with the extra red wire in the new light kit? I didn't have a ceiling fan nor do I want one. Thanks.

How to install a remote to a hunter ceiling fan/light fixture with 4 black, 4 white, [ 4 Answers ]

Install a hunter remote to a hunter ceiling fan/light fixture

Ceiling fan has 3 wires white, blue, black to remote control [ 1 Answers ]

AC Supply has three wires: Black, White and Red to Ceiling Fan. Want to connect Harbor Breeze Remote Control, which has White and Black AC. Connecting Black to Black, white to white, and blue to blue to the fan. Where do we connect the Red AC line to?

Connecting red black tan and wires to ceiling fan with blue black green and white wir [ 2 Answers ]

How to connect red black tan and wires to ceiling fan with blue black green and white wires

Installing Ceiling Fan Wall Remote with Red & Black Wires? [ 13 Answers ]

I am trying to install a Hampton Bay Wall Remote Control that transmits a signal to a receiver that I will install behind the Ceiling Fan assembly. Problem: Remote instructions state to connect the 2 Black wires from the wall switch to the new Remote switch. The wall switch has a Red and a...

View more questions Search