Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmegarry Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2014, 01:09 PM
    Fixing outdoor faucet of manufactured home
    When I turn on the outdoor faucet, it sounds as if there is water spewing out behind the wall and I hear dripping sounds after I turn it off. While the water is on it runs as if oxygen is getting into the water line. What can I do to find out what is going on and how do I fix it?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 12, 2014, 03:54 PM
    How long have you left it open for the water to run out? It is possible you have air trapped in the lines. If your turning on the faucet from the outside and not from a remote location then there is no way for water to be gushing from anywhere but the location of the fawcet. Can you see any threads where it is attatched to the pipe?

Jun 12, 2014, 04:06 PM
    The faucet is attached to the pipe via a clamp. I let the water from the faucet run long enough to water my strawberries (at least 5 minutes) on 10 different occasions over the past 2 weeks. Is it possible that it is the valve?
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 12, 2014, 05:15 PM
    Mostly it depends on what is really happening to determine if it is the valve or not. Does the sound change if you run it without a hose connected ?

Jun 12, 2014, 05:21 PM
    No. The sound does not change if I run it with a hose. However, when a nozzle is on the end of the hose and stops the flow of water in the hose, it sounds as if the water is still running. Like there is no nozzle at all.
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 12, 2014, 05:24 PM
    Do you have a water softener hooked to your system or a bladder from a well pump ?

Jun 12, 2014, 08:12 PM
    No we do not have anything hooked to our system except for the smart meter the water company recently put on and this faucet is not in the same area.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jun 13, 2014, 06:02 PM
    Is this a frost proof hose bib and did you leave a hose connected to it last winter?

Jun 13, 2014, 06:36 PM
    Yes it is frost proof and yes I disconnected the hose for winter.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jun 13, 2014, 09:02 PM
    Sounds like hose bib has rupture inside, after the point at which the stem shuts off the water. This is typically cause by leaving a hose connected during winter months. With a hose attach, the water in the hose bib cannot drain, freezes and ruptures the hose bib.

Replace hose bib.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile home outdoor faucet has lost pressure [ 1 Answers ]

Outdoor faucet froze and burst winter of 2010/11. It was replaced summer of 2011 with a 1/4 turn fully open faucet. Last fall water pressure was fine. Now opening faucet and the water just trickles out. Any ideas to fix this? Thanks for your time

I owned a manufactured home and bought a new home in 09 can I get the tax credit [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a new home in 2009. I owned a manufactured home that had a title, will I be eligible for the first time homebuyers credit. The manufactured home was in a community on leased land.

Fixing a settling foundation on a manufactured house [ 4 Answers ]

What kind of company do I use to determine if my manufactured house is settling and to then fix the problem?

Fixing leaking outdoor faucent [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to fix a leaking outdoor faucet. I removed the screw holding in the faucet, but the handle will not come off. I tried penetrating oil, but that doesn't seem to help. I am reluctant to apply too much pressure. What can I do to get the handle off?

View more questions Search