Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TDYROFF Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2014, 07:22 AM
    Pay for travel time
    Work in PA, non-exempt employee, daily assigned to report directly to a job site (not an office). I assume travel from home to 1st job site is not paid travel time. I am required to track and report my hours worked at that site.

I am then sent to another site, sometimes 3 or 4 different sites in a day. My company is not paying me for my time spent driving from one site to another. They only pay me for the specific time I spend at each site

Is this violation of the Portal to Portal Act and the All in a Days Work Rule?

Does PA have a different rule?

Thanks
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 12, 2014, 08:53 AM
    It appear that the Portal to Portal Act is federal law. If so, Pennsylvania law would not supersede it.

I don't see anything in the summary to which I linked which specifies that travel time is covered. However I think your state labor department may well figure that you have to be paid for this. Contact them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much can a traveller pay for the medical test in ghana to travel abroad [ 1 Answers ]

How much money can pay a traveller from ghana to egypt for the medical test ? The traveller is a usa citizen .he wants to travel to egypt

Can I travel if I pay child support, probation installed, state of NJ? [ 4 Answers ]

I live in state of NJ and I pay child support. Recenlty ex-wife changed metod of payment from voluntarily method to probationary method (automatic withdraw from the paycheck). I am also in arrears (when I was unemployed, turned out I was STILL SUPPOSED TO PAY SAME AMOUNT (? ), but I never missed a...

Should I have to pay Travel cost for the non custodial parent to visit our daughter? [ 7 Answers ]

:(Hi, the father of my child and I have never been married. Soon after I found out I was pregnant with the baby he moved to Orlando, Fl, and I remained here in Miami, Fl. Well to try and sum up everything we are no longer together really never were in a relationship, and I have taken care of the...

View more questions Search