Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aallen5352 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2014, 06:27 AM
    I am a financial advisor. Can I download Quadro Forms and help file for my clients
    I am a financial advisor in the state of Georgia. I am also licensed in South Carolina. My clients lives in South Carolina and are divorced. The divorce settlement states the percentage of how they will divide husbands 401(k) retirement plan. Can I as a financial advisor download the Quadro Forms and help my clients fill them out and help them file for the Quadro instead of them going through an attorney?

>emails removed<
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 11, 2014, 07:33 AM
    A financial advisor should know that its QDRO (though its pronounced quadro).

QDRO forms shouldn't be state specific, so anyone can fill them out. When submitted to the pension manager, it may require that a copy of the divorce order be included. I would check with the pension manager about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Financial advisor mistake [ 1 Answers ]

I signed up with a financial advisor but now I changed my mind.I have not given advisor any money yet.they are now calling me so I can give them the check which is for 300,000.I did not do my homework and was referred by friends because I know nothing about investing but I just don't feel right...

Can financial advisor be board member? [ 4 Answers ]

Can a foundation's investment portfolio be managed at a firm where a baord member or director is employed? What is that board member/director is a daughter of person who set up the 501c3?

My financial advisor has ripped me off I need lawyer [ 2 Answers ]

I am 56 years old . I have been through 5 financial advisors . Everyone of them has lied to me . At present I have lost over 200 thousand dollars because of there lying These so called professionals have lied manipulated and tricked me into investing my money with them . The last one got me for...

Accounting entries for interim billing from financial advisor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am an accounts assistant and would like to ask if anybody would know how to record the following transaction. For professional services to be rendered by a financial advisor. The terms of agreement are that fees will be fixed at $160,000 plus out of pocket expenses and applicable...

File a quadro to a divorce [ 2 Answers ]

Just got a divorce, how do I file a quadro to general motors for monthly money out of his retirement to be sent to me? My divorce papers entitle me to it, but have to file a quadro. Can I file it or does a lawyer have to do it.

View more questions Search