Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2007, 04:23 AM
    "uni" - One
    "versus" - to turn

Literally "turning as one". Meaning everything that exists grouped into a single object. There is nothing outside the universe, because the universe is everything that there is.

When scientists use the word "universe", they normally mean the "observable universe". This does have unobservable stuff outside of it, but because it's unobservable, it has no use in science so we disregard it.
    (if this is how deist was using the term, then (s)he said "God might not be causally connected with our world", which I believe agrees with her beliefs).

It's a very confused area of terminology, I quote from the wiki:

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    In order to clarify terminology, George Ellis, U. Kirchner and W.R. Stoeger recommend using the term the Universe for the theoretical model of all of the connected space-time in which we live, universe domain for the observable universe or a similar part of the same space-time, universe for a general space-time (either our own Universe or another one disconnected from our own), multiverse for a set of disconnected space-times, and multi-domain universe to refer to a model of the whole of a single connected space-time in the sense of chaotic inflation models.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 07:39 AM
    Thanks Capuchin...
    So if we use the term,"multiverse" that would include the galaxies beyond our observable limit.:)
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2007, 08:48 AM
    No, multiverse is for several distinct universes. There are still unobservable galaxies within our universe.
    deist Posts: 225, Reputation: 7

Sep 10, 2007, 09:21 AM
    I said "if" there is an outside to the universe. But personally I don't believe the universe is infinite. Some physicists theorize that it is spherical, & in that sense it has no beginning or end.
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2007, 09:30 AM
    Yes, finite and boundless.
    Hope12 Posts: 159, Reputation: 25

Sep 11, 2007, 07:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by balaji_sai2007
    Where is god?????????????
    Where is God? We can let the Bible answer this question.
    Two things for sure, God is indeed omnipotent, and he is omniscient. We humans can hide nothing from God. But is he omnipresent? Is God everywhere, or is he a person with a specific dwelling place? Where then is God? Let’s see the Bible’s answer:
    (1 Kings 8:39) then may you yourself hear from the heavens, your established place of dwelling, and you must forgive and act and give to each one according to all his ways, because you know his heart (for you yourself alone well know the heart of all the sons of mankind);

(2 Chronicles 6:33) then may you yourself listen from the heavens, from your established place of dwelling, and you must do according to all for which the foreigner calls to you; in order that all the peoples of the earth may know your name and may fear you the same as your people Israel do, and may know that your name has been called upon this house that I have built.
    The Bible says: “John 4:24 God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth.” If God is a spirit, then is only logical that he would reside in the spiritual realm, independent of the physical universe.
    Jesus spoke about God’s dwelling place when he said to his disciples: “In the house of my father there are many abodes. . . . I am going my way to prepare a place for you.” John 14:2
    Where did Jesus go? Eventually, he “entered.. . Into heaven itself, now to appear before the person of God for us.
    “Hebrews 9:24 For Christ entered, not into a holy place made with hands, which is a copy of the reality, but into heaven itself, now to appear before the person of God for us.”
    Jesus also taught us to pray: “Our Father in the heavens,” directing their prayers to a person, God, who is in a place, namely, the spiritual heavens. Matthew 6:9; 12:50
    This teaching was consistent with the way God’s people had been taught to pray for more than 1,500 years. The oldest writings inspired by God contain the following prayer: “Do look down from your holy dwelling, the heavens, and bless your people.” Deuteronomy 26:15. Yes as the Bible shows without any doubt, God lives in the heavens.
    Take care,
    Hope12
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 09:23 AM
    So are you saying that God is not omnipresent, i.e. has no presence outside his "established place of dwelling"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope12
    If God is a spirit, then is only logical that he would reside in the spiritual realm, independent of the physical universe.
    To me, it seems at least equally logical that a purely spiritual being would "reside" everywhere in the physical universe, rather than nowhere in it. I suppose it depends on whether you think the spiritual realm encompasses and includes the physical, or is distinct and separate from it.
    Yes as the Bible shows without any doubt, God lives in the heavens.
    So as you interpret the Bible, "the heavens" are not just "above" the earth, i.e. some other location within the universe, they are entirely outside of and "independent of the physical universe", is that right? Do you make a distinction between "the heavens" (a parallel universe perhaps), and "heaven" (a particular location within that universe)?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 07:20 PM
    Jesus left Chicago, He's bound for New Orleans.

Sep 12, 2007, 05:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy
    So are you saying that God is not omnipresent, i.e., has no presence outside his "established place of dwelling"?
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    "To me, it seems at least equally logical that a purely spiritual being would "reside" everywhere in the physical universe, rather than nowhere in it. I suppose it depends on whether you think the spiritual realm encompasses and includes the physical, or is distinct and separate from it."
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

So as you interpret the Bible, "the heavens" are not just "above" the earth, i.e., some other location within the universe, they are entirely outside of and "independent of the physical universe", is that right? Do you make a distinction between "the heavens" (a parallel universe perhaps), and "heaven" (a particular location within that universe)?

God's presence cn be felt everywhere. If you walk into a room you can feel the precence of a loved one that has died. They are not there but you still feel their presence, can't you?

God created the Universe, -he is the sovereign of the Universe, this then would logically say that as the creator of the universe and the God and soverneign of the universe that the spiritual heavens of spirit realm is outside the universe. We still do not know everything about the universe or it's size or about every planet. We keep finding new things all the time. The Bible says that God created the heavens and the earth. God is therefore higher then the heavens and the earth.

The physical heavens that humans can see is not the heavens God resides at. The spirit realm or spiritual heavenns is beyond the physical heavens we see and know. God made the universe so where he resides is fare above the universe as we know it.

Take care,
    Hope12
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 12, 2007, 09:24 AM
    God is where his believers are.

For me, (s)he's over my shoulder and all around me. I also see God in nature.

Sep 13, 2007, 05:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LearningAsIGo
    God is where his believers are.

For me, (s)he's over my shoulder and all around me. I also see God in nature.
    Hello LearningAsIGo,

It is true that God is everywhere in that his qualities are seen in his creations. In the flowers, birds, trees. And in us. We are made in his image. God is with all those who serve him in that he can see us and he hears our prayers, but as to where he resides or dwells, the Bible states:

(1 Kings 8:39) then may you yourself hear from the heavens, your established place of dwelling, and you must forgive and act and give to each one according to all his ways, because you know his heart (for you yourself alone well know the heart of all the sons of mankind);

(1 Kings 8:43) may you yourself listen from the heavens, your established place of dwelling, and you must do according to all that for which the foreigner calls to you; in order that all the peoples of the earth may get to know your name so as to fear you the same as your people Israel do, and so as to know that your name itself has been called upon this house that I have built.

(1 Kings 8:49) you must also hear from the heavens, your established place of dwelling, their prayer and their request for favor, and you must execute judgment for them,

The Bible tell us God is a spirit. (John 4:24) God lives in a spiritual realm that is very much independent of the universe as we know it. The bible states that God dwell in the loftiness of his dwelling place, the word lofty means higher.

In any event, the Bible teaches that God’s abode is, indeed, clearly distinguished from the physical universe but is at the same time a very specific location. Notice this scripture: (Isaiah 57:15) “ For this is what the High and Lofty One, who is residing forever and whose name is holy, has said: “In the height and in the holy place is where I reside, also with the one crushed and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly ones and to revive the heart of the ones being crushed”.

This is not some idea I teach as a personal view point, but this is what the Bible teaches that God’s abode is, indeed, clearly distinguished from the physical universe but is at the same time a very specific location. Clearly then God Is everywhere only in the sense that we can receive and feel his holy spirit, and we see his qualities in people and in all his creations. God though, resides or dwells in the spiritual heavens that is far higher and loftier then our physical heavens. If one is a believer in the Bible, then we must believe what it clearly states.

Take care,
    Hope12
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 11:17 AM
    This is not some idea I teach as a personal view point, but this is what the Bible teaches that God’s abode is, indeed, clearly distinguished from the physical universe but is at the same time a very specific location. Clearly then God Is everywhere only in the sense that we can receive and feel his holy spirit, and we see his qualities in people and in all his creations. God though, resides or dwells in the spiritual heavens that is far higher and loftier then our physical heavens. If one is a believer in the Bible, then we must believe what it clearly states.
    Your interpretation of the Bible is yours alone. The attempt to give your beliefs a basis that does not depend on your own interpretation is futile. It's OK to choose your own belief, everybody does it, just don't pretend that your interpretation of the Bible makes yours special and in some sense superior to everybody else's.
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2007, 03:14 PM
    Hope12 disagrees: I would not try to convice you to believe what I believe, only you can decide what you believe. I do however, have free will to express my opinion as you do.
    I don't have a problem with you expressing your opinion. What I object to is your attempt to dress it up as something more than that.
    This is not some idea I teach as a personal view point, but this is what the Bible teaches
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Sep 4, 2008, 12:38 PM
    I think God is inside you. We all have him available at all times, we just have to be still and listen with your heart. Be "still" and know that I am God. Get out of your own way.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Sep 4, 2008, 01:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bluerose
    Look into your heart.

Personally, I don't believe in God but I do believe we all have God-like qualities. Work on those and you will do just fine.

Have you noticed that god backwards is dog! If there is a God, I think he is trying to tell us that a dog is man's best friend. ;)
    I do believe that we should work on our God like qualities that are within us. I think deep down inside we all know the diff between right and wrong, good behavior vs. bad behavior.

And I noticed a long time ago that dog was God spelled backwards. Look into a dogs eyes and you will only see goodness. Unconditional love, loyalty, no hidden agendas, just love and innocence.
    jrwild62 Posts: 111, Reputation: 2
    -

Sep 6, 2008, 01:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by balaji_sai2007
    Where is god?????????????
    The answer is simple. God is in peoples heads. There is no spooky invisible man in the clouds who delights in sending everyone to hell. It's a scare tactic for the purpose of controlling people and getting their money.
    -

Sep 6, 2008, 02:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Retrotia
    God is spirit. God is omnipresent(everywhere), omniscient(all-knowing), omnipotent(all-powerful)
    Yet He resides in all his glory in Heaven. So look up!
    If God is all knowing, and can see the future of his creation, and considering the state of the world and all the killing in his name, why did he follow through with this plan? Don't you think he could have made a few adjustments to insure that 90% of humanity that has ever lived on earth was not suffering, starving and being tortured?
    -

Sep 6, 2008, 02:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zinny
    God is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control. He represents what is good and just.
    You will find him, when you seek him with all of your heart!
    You have obviously never read a single page of the bible. God is full of hate, sorrow, impatience, cruelty, harseness, killing babies and sending 99% of people to hell. The first 5 pages of the bible will prove this. The first murder takes place on page 3 or so. Then God proceeds to murder a total of 2.2 million people in the proceeding pages. Open to any page and read about it.
    70541 Posts: 87, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2008, 01:44 AM

I don't know but dang does he have a sense of humor

This is 100 percent real

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture...d/Thelight.png
    greatodie Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Feb 20, 2009, 10:09 PM

God is your ultimate conscience , your existence beyond your self-experience ,

He or she is nor closer neither far from u, the day you realize the magic that keeps every systems in place and everyone in place , u will appreciate the miracles in even simple and monotonous things!

No need for you to search for him!
    It can be separated from you or any other being.
    Whether you deny it or say praises for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Searching for mom [ 17 Answers ]

I amd searching for my birth mother and I only have a little bit of information I was wondering if u could help me contact her

Searching and searching [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am constantly searching on engines such as Google and Yahoo! Etc and always when I need to come back to what I found in a previous search, I can never seem to find it again or remember how I got to it. Does anyone know if major engines have a feature that allows me to track where I...

Searching [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for a song by a woman. About 5 years ago. Kind of mellow rock. Can't remember her name or the name of the song. The only thing that I remember is at the very end, instead of singing the words she says "I'm crazy like that". Or something similar. Please help!! Driving me crazy...

View more questions Search