Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mermaid0220 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2014, 02:00 AM
    Do long distance relationships work if so for how long?
    I am in a long distance relationship and I really want it to work.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 11, 2014, 02:52 AM
    How long ? Depends on the distance involved and the two people in the relationship.

mermaid you are only 12' you should not be in any kind of relationship yet.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 11, 2014, 04:48 AM
    First, as noted you are 12. A "long distance relationship" is a penpal, nothing more. Is the person the 14 yr old you mentioned in another post (btw that post was removed because it was posted to a thread more than 2 years old). Second, Of course you don't see anything wrong in a 2 year difference because you are 12 and don't really understand relationships.

Do your parents know about this relationship? At 12 they need to know and approve of anyone you correspond with.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 11, 2014, 06:02 AM
    This is no relationship, you are just chat buddies, on line pals. A fantasy behind your parents back.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2014, 06:39 AM
    Don't waste your time... long distance friends are fine... but if you want a real relationship... and not a pretend one... find someone local. And at 12... you aren't even ready for a relationship yet, emotionally or intelectually.. and won't be for at least several more years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do long distance relationships work? [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have known each other for almost 2 years now. This is the second time we've dated. The first time we broke up because we thought things might not work out for us and for months we didn't have any contact until 2 weeks before his birthday when we realized we never stopped loving...

Can long distance relationships work? [ 5 Answers ]

Well, there's this boy Iv'e known him a while and I like him a lot. Thing is he lives in Jordan. I don't know if I want I boyfriend I can hardly ever see. (I live in england) I tried a long distance relationship with my ex who I was dating when I lived in South Africa, I had to move to England it...

Can long distance relationships work? [ 13 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend are in a long distance relationship. I'm 14 and he's 16, we've been together for 8 months. We barely ever get to see each other (4 times a year if we're lucky) and find it really hard (but not impossible) to be in this relationship. We love each other very much and our love for...

Long distance relationships never work for me [ 8 Answers ]

We are both young, just finishing high school and all. We dated for the entire senior year and now that the summer has past she's going to university 4 hours away. We tried the whole long distance relationship thing but that went sour after two weeks as we fought on a daily basis about her drinking...

Can Long Distance Relationships Work? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, brief intro, met a great girl on holiday and have have seen each other now three times. We often have some form of contact whether its, text messages, instant messaging online and more rarely by telephone to. We live about 2-3 hours away, traffic dependent! Anyway, we enjoy each others...

View more questions Search