Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    icon2000 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2014, 08:01 PM
    Troybilt bronco model 609 pedal drive electric pto
    After changing lower drive belt soon as you put in gear it takes off without pressing gas. I've tried the pedal adjustment and tried to adjust brake by tighten the middle bolt. But it still will not stop.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jun 17, 2014, 10:32 AM
    Hi,
    I gather you speak of ground drive. Did you use the OEM belt? How about a model number so I can look up the drive system. There are 3 basic Transmatic drive systems in two configurations.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    icon2000 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2014, 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by crigby View Post
    Hi,
    I gather you speak of ground drive. Did you use the OEM belt? How about a model number so I can look up the drive system. There are 3 basic Transmatic drive systems in two configurations.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    Sorry took so late. 13ad609g063
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 1, 2014, 05:37 PM
    Hi,
    You may find the entire manual at the MTD Archive at:
    PDF Manual Web Archive
    And entering the model number in its blank and a 1 for the serial number. Hit the search and agree buttons when asked. Pick the Owners Manual from the list of choices. It has directions for belt replacement and also has the parts breakdown in it.
    You have a 2000 Troy-bilt with 42" deck and either a Briggs Intek or Kohler Command of 17 HP. The 063 means Troy-Bilt, the G means equipped with a 42" deck and the AD translates into the year.
    Cannot imagine you would need it but the parts breakdown is available separately from another source. You may want to conserve paper and only print the maintenace, adjustment and parts portions. You do not have to deal with a second language version so you do not have to divide it in half; most of those do not give a parts breakdown. Only thing not in it are the schematics for the three possible engines in the 609 frame model (the 46" deck has an H instead of a G in the model number and has the V-twin engine.)
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a troybilt bronco tractor mow in reverse [ 1 Answers ]

The troybilt bronco tractor doesn't mow in reverse is there a way to mow the lawn in reverse

Troy-bilt Model 609 has an Electric PTO that won't engage [ 0 Answers ]

How can I check the electric PTO clutch? I can't find a schematic diagram for the mower, only a wiring diagram which is useless.

Need a drive belt diagram for a troybilt super bronco [ 4 Answers ]

Need a drive belt diagram for a troybilt super bronco?

Troy bilt pedal drive elctric pto [ 1 Answers ]

My electric pto will not engage. Need help to t/s. <moved>

Troybilt 18.5 Bronco maintence [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased this mower last year, changed oil, and basically kept in good condition. I want to know what kind of maintence do I need to do for the grass cutting blade and the belt. This summer I bought the twin bagger and whenever I cut slightly damp grass, it always get stuck in the chute and...

View more questions Search