Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nahyg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2014, 09:20 PM
    Removed old carpet and floor is heaving in line with stairway
    Hello
    Im currently renovating the main floor on my older home (built in the 70s) and the next step is tiling everything. As I was ripping out some older carpet I noticed the floor was heaving right in line with the stairway, I cut out a piece of the subfloor but its still out of level I believe there is a telepost right underneath. I just wanted to get some opinions on how to approach this situation, and what may have caused this problem? Please let me know if you need anymore information this is my first time posting on the forums.
    nahyg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2014, 09:22 PM
    Attachment 46118

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Waste line leak from second floor shower as well as washing machine on first floor [ 1 Answers ]

After a shower on the second floor leak appears on outside foundation wall and spreads to brick in sand patio. It gets worse when the washing machine drains into the waste line. No visible water anywhere in house. Any suggestions?

How to put carpet down on the floor [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I'll hopefully be moving soon to an apartment that I really want :) and the lady told me that I would have to put carpet down to minimize nose (cause the apt would be on the 2nd fl). Its not a big apartment either. It's a medium sized one. My question is... where is the best place to...

How to transition hardwood floor to carpet/tile on a slab floor [ 1 Answers ]

We installed new hardwood flooring on our slab floor, it is a floating floor. How do we transition to tile and carpet? Do we need to glue the transitions down?

Hair removal from Carpet floor [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My main & second floor have carpet. It has lot of hair floor and how to clean it? Is there any vacume machine to clean it or how to clean it mannually? Thanks Ahsan

Loose floor boards under carpet [ 3 Answers ]

We have a squeeky board under the carpet on a second floor room. Should we use a screw or a nail to try and resecure it? Any pointers on how to isolate the spot to work on, since it seems to cover a few feet as you walk across it.

View more questions Search