Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newdawn01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2014, 05:50 AM
    Bankruptcy
    I declared bankruptcy 2 years ago which included my home. We are still in the home because our attorney said to stay until we got our eviction notice. In the last couple weeks our mortgage has been bought by another bank. What happens now? Does the process start over or is it expedited.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 9, 2014, 04:41 PM
    Or it is forgotten. Not that you will ever "own" the home. But it is neither longer or shorter merely being sold. If the new bank is more aggressive, then it may speed things up. If this is one of the 10's of thousands of homes that are bad debts it may set for years and years before the bank ever decides to do anything.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 10, 2014, 02:44 PM
    You need to indicate which state you are in. Foreclosure procedures vary from state to state. But, in general, no; it doesn't start all over again. The foreclosure lawsuit, which I assume was stayed by the bankruptcy, will resume as soon as the bank figures out that the automatic stay of bankruptcy is over.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 10, 2014, 02:53 PM
    Suggest maybe a call to your lawyer to see just how long you have to stay in your home.

The process may take a while and you will be notified soon enough when you have to move out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Bridgeport Bankruptcy a legit company to file Bankruptcy with [ 7 Answers ]

Is Bridgeport Bankrupty online service a good company to file Bankruptcy. Are there any major reported complaints, like not filing Bankruptcy properly or at all.

During chapter 13 bankruptcy receive inheritance, opt out of bankruptcy and pay off? [ 3 Answers ]

I am six months into a chapter 13 bankruptcy and I have received an inheritance. My bankruptcy is about 60% payout of my total debt of $90K. My inheritance is about 50% of what I owe. Should I opt out of the bankruptcy and try to negotiate with the credit card companies for a payoff for about 50%...

Bankruptcy [ 3 Answers ]

Bare with me this is going to be long! Brought a house with my now ex partner in 2006 for 66,000 on top of this we took out a loan for 12,000, not long after this he threw me and our daughter out of the house and I was that scared I left and never went back, not long after we lived there he...

Bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the procedue to bankruptcy and how long it last:rolleyes: :confused: Thanks willdell

View more questions Search