Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tommy5533 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2014, 05:16 AM
    File I-785 after married to US citizen
    Hi, I am in my last month of my OPT and I got married with US citizen on April this year, we are still preparing to file the adjustment package, but I want to keep working while we filing this package, can I file I-785 first before I file the adjustment package? if not, what should I do? Thanks
    newacct Posts: 321, Reputation: 21

Jun 9, 2014, 11:36 AM
    You probably mean the I-765 (application for an EAD). You can only apply for it at the same time as, or after, filing the I-485 (application for adjustment of status). Also, it takes about 3 months to get, so you will probably have a period without employment authorization.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am a us citizen married and living in canada, how to file or do I? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been living in Canada with my husband (who is not a US citizen), since 2004. In 2011 I started a home based (at my home in Canada) business with a US company who pays me in US dollars. They sent me a 1099Misc with the income in box#7 for Nonemployee compensation. Do I have to pay taxes in...

What are all the papers to file when married to american citizen? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I just got married in the US to an american citizen and now I want to know what are all the papers that I need to file to migration, my current status in the us is tourist since Im a resident of a south american country. Thank you

If I married a us citizen in jamaica where do I file for divorce? [ 1 Answers ]

I got married in jamaica but I now live in newyork but I want to file for a divorce can it be done in jamaica my wife is an american citizen she was the one who filed for me to come to ny,we got married in 2007.

I'm married to a us citizen but didn't file green card what can I do [ 4 Answers ]

I was married with us citizen since 2006 but we got separated on 2007cuz of domestic violence which I dropped the case. There's no divorce. I have work permit on 2006 but I tried to renew it it got denied. I have a lawyer working on my case but she me that's why I don't know what's my real status...

I am 20, got married to NON-u.s citizen/resident, not in school, freelanc CAN I FILE? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 20, got married to NON-u.s citizen/resident in 2008, am currently not in school and do freelance makeup for income (very little to none income) and my parents still claimed me as dependent in their last taxes because they are still supporting me. I want to know if I can file. I have filed a...

View more questions Search