Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arifa123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2014, 10:23 AM
    A brd sits on wire.if weight of brd is w,then what is the relation betn tension n w?
    A bird sits on a stretched wire and has weight w.so what would be the relation between w and tension.I have tried by taking tension upward and weight downward and by triangular law of vectors I tried to do but not working
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 8, 2014, 10:37 AM
    What is the equation used to work out tension ?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 9, 2014, 05:44 AM
    Show us your work and we'll give you a hint if you're still stuck on this. Presumably there is an angle provided between horizontal and the wire, correct?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant plus 80 replace control brd looks different [ 8 Answers ]

My Bryant plus 80 is not igniting the gas during the cycle I have check all the sensors for continuity and I also checked them during cycling up for the 24-26 vac during the cycle the voltage appears on each side to ground. The gas valve release the gas at the proper time.. When it thinks the...

Tension on wire [ 0 Answers ]

http://www12.0zz0.com/2011/05/21/14/933008405.png (A) A rigid, vertical rod of negligible mass is connected to the floor by a bolt through its lower end, as shown in the figure. The rod also has a wire connected between its top end and the floor. If a horizontal force F is applied at the midpoint...

Determine the wire's tension [ 1 Answers ]

A harmoni wave in a wire has amplitude 6.32mm, wavelength 2.99m, and frequency 157Hz. The wire has linear mass density of 11 g/m. Determine the wire's tension.

How to find tension in a wire. [ 11 Answers ]

A traffic light of mass m (= 18 kg) hangs above the street by two wires, both of which make an angle (= 65 deg) with the vertical. 1. How much is the tension in each wire? 2. Find the tension for = 0 deg

View more questions Search