Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mackiechan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2014, 09:18 AM
    John Deere Z445 electrical problems
    I have a John Deere Z445 mower, which has a new, fully charged battery, on it. When I turn the key switch on, the hour meter comes on, but it will not even engage the starter. All three fuses are in good working condition. It will jump start with booster cables directly from the mower's battery to the starter. Is there another fuse located on the mower? What are possible solutions to the problem?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jun 13, 2014, 06:33 PM
    Hi,
    You have a zer-turn machine and the switches work a bit different. To crank the machine, the park brake(lever) must be on and both the drive levers must be in the fully out position. The last one is the most common problem. The levers must be out to crank and to put on the park brake(to keep the hydraulics and parks from working against each other.) The PTO switch must be off, of course.
    The seat switch comes into play with the brake off, the PTO on or both.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing electrical connector on John Deere L120 PTO [ 2 Answers ]

My blades on my John Deere L120 quit working. I found a broken wire from the connector on the PTO (cluch), NOT the switch on the dash. It is located on the front of the cluch and I am not sure how the connector can be removed to be able to re-install the wire. I have removed the mower deck and...

Electrical diagram for 1642 Scotts by john deere [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Can someone proviode me with an electrical diagram for my 1642H Scott by John Deere. Product Number GX1642S14319, Scott Model # 1642H, Date Code # 0303601.. I have a bunch of broken wires to fix and I don't know where they go! Thanks for all you help in this matter... Vjm158

Movement of Stearing arms on a John Deere Z445 [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know if there is a product out there that will allow me to move the stearing arms on my JD Z445 mower forward a few inches in order to accommodate my 6' 4" 290lb frame? It has always been a pretty tight fit but is now uncomfortable. I have adjusted them up and out as far as they will...

John Deere 740 Lawn Tractor Electrical fault [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, wonder if anyone can help. My lawn tractor has sat since January 09 without being run. As a result when I tried to start it tonight the starter solenoid chattered because of the low battery and the engine didn`t turn over. I attempted to jump start the lawn tractor using a fully charged car...

Z445 John Deere wiring diagram [ 1 Answers ]

I have a John Deere Z445 zero turn mower and I can't get a wiring diagram anywhere. I called John Deere and they want to charge me. I am really in trouble because I need the mower for my business. I want to fix it myself but I don't have a diagram. Please help. If you can fax the 4 pages over to me...

View more questions Search