Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxsoflyyxx Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2014, 08:28 PM
    Really bad sunburn
    I have a really really bad sunburn.. I can't even lay down and I'm on vacation.. I really wanted a tan so I used a bronzer thing and sunscreen too. But I have been spraying myself with sunscreen and that bronzer and now I look red as a tomato.. I have never had a sunburn before.

I already tried aloe + after sun lotion & cool showers... Help me please.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jun 8, 2014, 12:12 AM
    The first thing you need to do is stop using the bronzer. They make burns worse.

Keep using aloe, and I highly recommend buying some Solarcain. Cool water, as showers/baths or just wet cloths, can help draw the heat out. Taking aspirin can help a bit, too.

You didn't say what spf you've been using, but I suggest buying a stronger one. Lotions also work better than sprays. I use a lotion as a base, and carry a spray to reapply every hour or so, when I'm out.

Continued sun exposure will make the burn worse, and delay healing. Try to keep to shade as much as possible, and wear clothes to cover the burn when you can't.
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2014, 05:55 AM
    I've used distilled white vinegar on my sunburns, put it in a spray bottle or just pour it on. Good luck
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2014, 04:59 PM
    Cold water on a wet towel will also help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Really bad sunburn on face? [ 10 Answers ]

I got a bad one on my fave by going to the moubtains with no sunscreen. ;( it hurts sooo bad! My face is peeling it self and my eyes are wrinkled and swolen. Here are some tips. Take 3 tablespoons of ground meals and mix it with half cup of yoghurt. Rub this mixture on over your neck and face....

Really bad sunburn [ 1 Answers ]

I have a really bad sunburn, it hurts so bad I can't lay on it, or move my arms and back very much with out it shooting pain! I have blisters all over the burned area, what is the best thing to do?

Really bad sunburn [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I'm 18 weeks pregnant and I went to the beach yesterday even though I put on sun cream I got really bad sunburn , the sunburn is that bad that's purple and every time I move its feels like I'm turning my skin apart ,I don't have any blisters but I have the chills , I been drinking lots of...

Bad sunburn [ 0 Answers ]

I sunburned pretty bad over the holiday weekend. It's been two days. There's no blistering. My legs feel OK when sitting but when I walk or especially stand in one place they hurt. And I have a little swelling in my ankles. How long should this last? Is there anything I can do to help my body heal?

Bad Sunburn [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I got a really bad sunburn on my face 2 days ago I've been using aloe when I can!! But it has already began to peel and the skin under the peeling skin is really red what should I do or can I do to get rid of the redness

View more questions Search