Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thomixio Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2014, 03:13 PM
    Acer Aspire 5552G: Deleted language pack - BIOS, can't change boot pri order
    Hi dear!

I got an old computer that I used for perhaps one year ago, and what I did to destroy it was to delete the language pack somehow. Now I would like to try to fix it, as I actually need it. But I do have some issues, maybe someone of you guys know. I can start it up all the way to where I choose between safe mode, and so on - then I get the blue screen that lasts the whole 2 seconds, amazingly enough.

I have Windows 7 Installation, that's all I have. When I start up my PC also says two fix the problem:
    1 Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
    2 Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
    3 Click "Repair your computer".

Had this been as simple as the system claims, I would have been fixing it myself asap. The problem is that when I put the CD, restart the PC is also nothing happens. So I've searched up a bit, where you can do so in a way PC starts via cd so I can install windows 7 The problem is when I enter the BIOS I can choose between "Information, Main, Security, Boot and Exit ". When I go to BOOT it says "Boot priority order" and that's the list:
    1 IDE0 WD
    2 IDE1: PIONNER DVD-RW
    3 USB FDD:
    4 Network Boot: LEGACY PCI DEVICE
    5 USB HDD
    6 USB CD / DVD ROM:

I can not do anything here, no matter what I press. It's sort of gray text, what I can do about is completely black. So it turns out that they are locked. What should I do..

Have also tried ALT + F10, the Acer eRecovery Management. When trying to complete recovery where it says "Please complete operating system setup process before doing system recovery can not start up".

So all this recovery stuff on Acer PCs are the totally meaningless. Anybody have any idea how to fix this giant problem, is not going to send it to repair - does not guarantee it. Would have been cool to getting this fixed. Do not have as much bearing on the PC, so if you first help me - please do not use advanced computer geeky words, you get my point I think!
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jun 10, 2014, 09:00 AM
    You're locked out. When the computer is booting you see the cue to enter the bios setup, there is usually also a option to choose your boot device. I believe it is usually F12. This is system dependent but from a quick Google it should work with your computer. You should be able boot from the Disc and go from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acer Aspire Battery [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Acer Aspire 5517 laptop. Every so often I notice the blue battery status light turns amber although it's continuously plugged in. When I check the charge level in the system tray I see that it's around 97% charged. It continues to charge until fully charged and the amber light returns to...

Acer aspire 1413 [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all Can someone please help. I am trying to recoverer my acer aspire 1413 however when I put in the second recovery disk I get a message that states (cannot open image file X:\images\60ea1012.ghs. I suspect my disc is faulty. Please help Paulw1200

Acer aspire one. [ 5 Answers ]

Hey folks,first,happy new year to you all!! OK,just got an acer aspire one,what a nightmare! It came with mcafee security,so I got rid of that and installed avast,then the problems came,the thing will not work at all,I've got all my icons on desktop but nothing works,I deleated avast but its...

View more questions Search