Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    j2237806 Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Jun 5, 2014, 02:41 PM
    Has anyone had this pain?
    So on the 24th of May, I used baby oil for intercourse. After that, it hurts when I do it. I get a burning, painful sensation. I've even bled once. I went to the doctor, & she told me I had a yeast infection. I was thinking the baby oil could've contributed to the infection. She gave me 2 tablets. I finish the treatment on Saturday. However, I was wondering if anyone has had a yeast infection & had pain inside the vagina during intercourse. Thanks for the help.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jun 5, 2014, 02:54 PM
    That is a common side effect of an overgrowth of yeast. Refrain from sex until you get this taken care of. Take the prescribed medications and before you know it, you'll be infection free.

As well it would be a good idea to invest in proper lube. The baby oil may or may not have caused the yeast infection and that is honestly inmaterial at this point. Lube is just as cheap and will honestly be better for you.
    j2237806 Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Jun 5, 2014, 02:57 PM
    Thank you for your advice. Your answer has been very helpful. :) good day.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2014, 03:04 PM
    It likely is the baby oil that has caused both the irritation and the yeast infection. You might find that a water based lubricant will work better for you if you need one.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 5, 2014, 03:41 PM
    I'm allergic to every lube out there, or at least the 100's I've tried. Every time I use one I'm miserable afterwards. Most times it doesn't lead to a yeast infection, but I have had times that it has.

If you're allergic to many lubes, like I am, I recommend Vaseline, or petroleum jelly. It's all natural, and makes a great lube. If it's safe enough for a babies diaper rash, or a sore red nose when you have a cold, it's safe enough for that part of your life as well.

This was actually recommended to me by a friend that's a doctor. So far so good. I've never had issues with Vaseline. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lower back pain on right side with pain shooting into my and down my leg with burning [ 2 Answers ]

I was doing leg presses at the gym when I felt excruciating pain in my right lower back with pain that shot down my leg. I could barely walk but manage to make to my car and drive home. Needless to say the pain I experienced just from driving was horrific! I needed help getting out of the car when...

Throbbing pain on floor of mouth accompanied by some pain on teeth directly on area? [ 0 Answers ]

Yesterday I began feeling some swelling with irritation like symptoms on floor of mouth, tonight its accom[anied by a throbbing sensation and pain with numbness like sensation on the teeth directly on gum by loor ofmouth area..

First itching, then burning and severe pain, now mild pain with white bumps. Help [ 4 Answers ]

About a week ago my vagina started itching. I figured it was thrush or something. I took vagisil cream and the itching stopped, but the very next morning it was so painful I couldn't stand, sit, walk or anything. My right vagina lip is swollen with a bump on it. It's very dry. I read this could be...

Fourteen year old with allover back pain and coccyx pain from skiing fall [ 3 Answers ]

In February this year I went skiing for 2 weeks in waterville valley, New Hampshire, USA - a few days into the second week an inexperienced skiier like myself lost control and cut me up causing me to fall and I landed fiercely on a bit of ice which -just like when you fall on your bum or knock it-...

How do I treat bunion-related foot pain that is also creating severe back pain? [ 5 Answers ]

I began using orthotics some months back to relieve severe foot pain - the result of two toes that are not in alignment. I found some relief, but I've recently experienced sharp, stabbing pain in my lower back and upper thigh. I am trying to find the connection, but the doctors I've seen either...

View more questions Search