Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cort_xoxo Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2014, 12:18 AM
    How to get boy potty trained?
    Can't seem to get my 3 yr old to go poop on the potty. He can pee standing up but I still have to ask him throughout the day and remind him to pee in the potty. Got him some Spiderman undies, he loves Spiderman so I thought he would like them more than a dippy I told him " don't pee on Spiderman, he will be sad" lol. That seemed to somewhat work. Suggestions are welcome.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 5, 2014, 02:27 AM
    Place him on the pot at regular times, and ask him to try. Do not use negative punishment at all, and give positive results when he does it correctly

Jun 5, 2014, 08:22 PM
    He will sit on the potty for a while but nothing yet... Idont use ne type of punishment when he does go potty I always tell him good job and he's being a big boy and give him gummies snacks when he does..
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2014, 03:57 PM
    It's pretty common for that part of it to take a bit longer. He will get there obviously, but I know it can be a bit frustrating in the process. Keep doing what you are doing. Praise the successes, remind him to "use the potty next time" when he has an accident. If you haven't already, you could let him see you use the toilet for bowel movements. You could have him "help" a bit in the process of cleaning up after himself... get new underwear or pull-up, for example.

Praise big time when he does happen to have a bowel movement in the potty. As Fr_Chuck said, try a set schedule for potty breaks if possible. See if you can determine a time of the day when he is most likely to have a bowel movement. Sometimes that first success will kick things off, although reminders will likely be necessary for awhile.

Jun 23, 2014, 11:05 PM
    No more diapers for my big boy (: he's doing so good thank you for the tips
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2014, 11:39 AM
    Well done! Congrats to both of you :-)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 24, 2014, 12:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cort_xoxo View Post
    No more diapers for my big boy (: he's doing so good thank you for the tips
    Yes, always a blessing for little one and mom!
    Wesleyrey Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2014, 07:35 PM
    Well it's common that boys don't want to potty train. If he goes potty offer him a award for using the potty

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Our puppy is potty trained. Lately he potties in home, why? [ 2 Answers ]

Our puppy is potty trained. We take turns taking him out every morning. Recently he Will not go out with my boyfriend who tends to spend more time with him then I do. Our puppy prefers I take him out, why is that? He went with my boyfriend to the door outside to potty and then he ran back to our...

My potty trained 3yrs old is afraid to let go again [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My 3 year old daughter is almost on the mastery of potty training(poop and pee).. She always get's in to the bathroom to poop and pee by herself but after experiencing a series of constipation last May, she's started to get scared of moving her bowel,she is trying to hold it.. instead of...

Was Potty-Trained now refusing to use the toilet what gives? [ 1 Answers ]

Well my 2 year old has been potty-trained for about 3 weeks... using the restroom and having no accidents. Well we moved into a new house on Wednesday and all day yesterday she kept going in her pants. Today... she used the toilet twice... but just now she peed all over the floor again... am I...

Dog still not potty-trained 3 yrs old [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am in desperate need of advise. I have a 3 year old Weimaraner and have trouble with the dog "Chase" urinating in the house. I brought home Chase, a female on 2/14/04 from a well established breeder. I was taking Chase out to potty in the front yard and back yard for the first few...

View more questions Search