Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cwalt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2014, 07:49 PM
    Employee Background Checks Colorado
    I have a question concerning background checks in the state of Colorado for employment reasons. 9 years ago as an idiot 21 year old, I got into trouble, I have a felony on my record. It has been as I said 9 years, it did send me to prison, it was a non violent drug charge. I have been off parole for almost two years. But again 9 years since I was charged... I have never been in toruble since nor was ever in trouble on parole. I have heard that Colorado only goes back 7 years unless the salary is $75k or more. Can someone please clear this up, I was just hired at a company I really want to work for and am wondering what could show, thank you
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 5, 2014, 02:37 AM
    It appears to be 10 years (not from the date of conviction) but from the date that the sentence was complected. So the last date of Prison or probation is when the 10 year clock starts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Background checks [ 2 Answers ]

If I paid my fine before my court date will the arrest show up on background check

Background checks [ 1 Answers ]

I was arrested for a felony offense that I did not do and was never convicted of. I landed a great job and now have to submit to a fingerprinting for the position. Will that show up? I reside in Georgia if that helps. Thanks.

Background checks [ 5 Answers ]

I have 3 questions that involves teaching for the state of Florida if anyone should know. 1. How far do background checks go for prospective teachers? Meaning, do they only look at "convictions" and not arrests? 2. This question is for those who are familiar with the question process...

Background checks [ 3 Answers ]

I was recently hired at a senior community place and they required a finger printing test with livescan, and I was arrested about a year ago because I forgot to pay a traffic fine. I was in jail for about 4 days and then let go with some more fines, will this show up with the fingerprinting test?

View more questions Search