Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xrs05 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2014, 05:48 PM
    Can they rehire us after an investigation?
    Hello

I have a question. I was terminated from UC Merced. The UC Merced human resource are doing an investigation and interviewed all the employees that got fired This my question, if they are doing an investigation and interview us, can they rehire us?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2014, 05:58 PM
    Why were you terminated? For cause? What are they investigating?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 4, 2014, 05:59 PM
    Depends on why and how you were fired and the results of the investigation.

Jun 4, 2014, 06:12 PM
    I got hire by UC Merced on February 2, 2014 and fire on March 7, 2014. The supervisor Louise told me that I was terminated, and did not give me any reason to why I was terminated. They did not give me any paper work to sign when I left at UC Merced. They are doing a investigation but they will do a interview all the employee because they are doing investigation, they been terminator a lot of employee.and hiring new employees

Can they rehire us Yes or no
    And why
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 4, 2014, 06:24 PM
    They are investigating what? Theft?

Jun 4, 2014, 06:30 PM
    They are investigating the supervisor to why he termination a lot of employee.
    Expert

Jun 4, 2014, 06:35 PM
    You have to wait for the investigation to be over for ANYTHING to happen.

Jun 4, 2014, 06:35 PM
    And the HR want to interview us what happen on the job.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jun 4, 2014, 06:36 PM
    The bottom line is that none of us work there and we don't know the situation...I guess from what I am reading, MAYBE you can be re-hired....but like I said, we don't know what's going on or what their policy is.

Jun 4, 2014, 07:00 PM
    Thank you for answer my questions ODINN7

Can they termination the supervisor too and rehire us
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2014, 07:12 PM
    They can if they want... but the unknown question is do they really want to? I wouldn't hold my breath. From what I've seen over the 30+ years I've been working... it would be very rare if they did.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 5, 2014, 03:42 AM
    Can they? Yes! Will they? We can't answer that. They probably will not since it might open them up for a lawsuit for unlawful termination. The investigation is probably into the supervisor and not the circumstances of your termination.

But the bottom line is we can't give you a definitive answer because we don't know what is being investigated or why. All we can tell you is that they can decide to rehire. But there is no laws compelling them to, even if they find irregularities and terminate the supervisor.

Jun 5, 2014, 11:19 AM
    I don't know what are they investigate but I was told that they will interviews all the employee got termination.I guess, I have to wait.
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2014, 11:29 AM
    They are looking for reasons to hang other people... or initiate further proceedings against those involved. Don't waste time waiting to be rehired... start looking elsewhere. Even if you did manage to get rehired... there will always be an air of suspicion directed at you based on what has happened, and what others THINK might have happened... as in others wondering what you said to save your own hide... even if there was nothing to it... people might think it. And that includes coworkers.

Trust me...if and when your coworkers get the idea you tossed anyone under the bus to get your job back (and they will)....working with them will be pure hell.

I've seen it happen at more than one employer.

Like I said, doesn't matter if you did....what matters is if the thought ever entered their heads...which would be impossible to prove to their satisfaction.

Simple case of being between a rock and a hard place.

Jun 5, 2014, 11:35 AM
    Thank you for your awswer smoothly
    Expert

Jun 5, 2014, 11:35 AM
    Smoothy is quite correct in using this waiting time to explore other career options and opportunities. Just in case it doesn't go as you hope. All your eggs in one shaky basket may not be wise, given you are already fired.

Jun 5, 2014, 11:50 PM
    How long it should take them to investigation because it been 3 month already and this month they told us that they will interview us, but how long it should take for them to investigation. Let me know what you guy think
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2014, 03:51 AM
    Nobody can really even guess because we know nothing about that they are doing, where they are now... and how much more they are planning to do... Its really up to them.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 6, 2014, 04:52 AM
    You really have a misconception of how a site like this can work. You are asking question that no one can answer. There is no benchmark or yardstick for this. This is a private company, going though a completely internal process. It will take as long as it takes. The fact that it has been three months and they still haven't interviewed everyone indicates it will probably take months, but that's just a guess.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do companies rehire if employee is let go due to driving record? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello When I was originally hired, my driving record violated the company policy for amount of infractions in their time. However, one was set to expire within 5 months, so I was hired and told that my record would be reviewed after the 5 month period. After the 5 month review, while the one...

Investigation [ 2 Answers ]

I am a CNA in NYS currently under investigation for neglict. If I am found guilty, I know that I would have my certification taken away to work in a nursing home. Would I however be able to work in other aspects of human services?

Cashing in Retirement Benefits and rehire [ 2 Answers ]

I cashed in my retirement benefits (vested) 6 years ago and when attempting to re-employ with the hospital was told that I was ineligible for rehire due to federal laws and that I had cashed in my retirement. Is there any way around this so I can be rehired?

BG Check for a rehire? [ 3 Answers ]

Quick question... my husband recently got into some trouble.. he has not been convicted of anything yet though.. he just applied at walmart for a management position and is pretty much hired. He worked there previously.. about a year and a half ago. I heard that since he has previously been...

View more questions Search