Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kriscool Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Apr 4, 2007, 09:08 PM
    How To Worship (Baptist)
    I'm a baptist and would like to know how to worship God. We don't go to church and I feel God keeps telling me to go. I keep telling my parents but all they say is, oh OK, and forget.

Anyway I'd like to know how to worship God alone??

Is there more than one way?
    Does it have to have music?
    I don't have religious music.

Thanks,
    Kriscool
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2007, 09:55 PM
    I am glad that you feel God calling to you. That is what God does.

There is no one set way to worship God. You can worship God by yourself. It just helps to have the support of a Christian community since we are always tempted to fall into sin.

To worship God you do not need to have music. But, it would help to have a Bible and maybe another book that is a guide in how to read the Bible. You can get recordings of Christian music - by either borrowing or purchasing it. You could also play Christian music for free on your computer, for your worship experience, that you can find online

Perhaps you could find other like-minded people around your age who feel the same way that you do. Maybe you could meet at each others homes and have worship services. That is how the early Christian church started - with small meetings.

Prayer is a really big part of worship. To worship God by yourself, even if you do not have a Bible or any other kind of Christian book, just simply tell and ask God things that are in your heart. Spoken out loud or in your mind. Also, be sure to give thanks to God for His many blessings.

I encourage you to continue to follow the voice of God. And, I am sure that there are many other people who use this site will have great ideas and encourage you also. There will also be people on this site who could care less about Christianity and will try to dissuade you from your beliefs.

Here are the links to other forums that will be of aid to you:

123 Christian Forums :: Index

Christian Bulletin Boards - Christian Forums - Worthy Boards

Crosswalk Forums

http://www.christianforumsite.com/

Christian Forum :: Index
    Kriscool Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Apr 4, 2007, 10:07 PM
    Thanks. :)

I've always followed the voice of God. Always have always will.

Kriscool

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Serpent worship [ 3 Answers ]

What is the biblical basis for sects who believe in serpent worship?

If God were not almighty, would you still worship him? [ 16 Answers ]

I ask this question because I'm interested in the opinions of others. I often hear people speaking about God's almightiness in a very admiring way. But suppose he were mightier than all other beings but not almighty? Would he still deserve our worship? I'll give my own opinion after some have...

How should Christians worship God? [ 23 Answers ]

Do you view Christian worship as an activity only for Sunday and maybe a few special holidays? Perhaps as a formal set of actions and prayers repeated during a service in your house of worship? It's interesting that the Bible does not give a strict definition of worship. Although many view it...

View more questions Search