Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akshay o kumar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2014, 01:50 PM
    Torque and linear distance calculation of a 12v dc motor
    I have 12v dc motor with 13amp current and 150 watts. Need to find the torque and rmp of the motor
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2014, 02:32 PM
    You need RPM to find Torque.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 5, 2014, 04:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    You need RPM to find Torque.
    Right:

T = P/(RPM x 2 pi x 60 s/min)

where T = torque in N-m and P = power in watts. You know max power = 150 watts, now just find out the RPM (which should be written on a label on the motor) and you can determine the motor's torque.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Torque calculation [ 1 Answers ]

I had a car of 200 kg and wheel dia of 0.2 m. I actually want to know how much torque is needed to move the vehicle from rest? Can any one help me with the solution?

Need help with Calculation of torque required [ 6 Answers ]

Hi to all members, I having problem finding the torque required for the motor to rotate the lever beam clockwise... hoping someone can guide me solve the problem... This is the image I attach... http://img838.imageshack.us/i/31088063.jpg Thanks

Power or torque of 12v dc motor 1400rpm [ 2 Answers ]

I have A 12v dc motor of 1400 rpm. I want to calculate its power or torqe. I do not know current consumption .it derives belt pully system (velocity ratio- 2)and generates net output 180 joule sir please let me know the result or formula to calculates its power or torque .may I calculate...

Calculation of Torque, [ 22 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to calculate the torque of a system, I have described the system below, Consider the conveyor belt, the motor rotates the conveyor belt (25 Meters), I want to do a reverse engineering, Let say the I don't use the motor to run the conveyor, instead I have a handle (1 meter)...

View more questions Search