Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ccordy30 Posts: 49, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2014, 09:53 AM
    What is OP
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2014, 09:56 AM
    OP = Original Poster, the creator of the thread. In this case its you.

Jun 12, 2014, 10:00 AM
    Ok yes that is why I am trying to sue the driver in which is the company owner.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 12, 2014, 06:15 PM
    You would sue both the company and the driver. Also, unless it is a corporation, the owner of a company is normally personally liable also. In this case, you believe owner and driver same person

The other issue with the attorney, is that there is no large claim. Unless you are writing them a check for services If you want an attorney to work on percentages, they are not going to do it, if they see only a few thousands dollars..

As for as found not guilty, that is in the criminal court, without the other driver, there to testify against you. That is not always proof in civil court, the other driver, can still prove you guilty in civil court, if they testify against you.

Jun 12, 2014, 07:47 PM
    So where do I begin? The total amount is about 3,000 I am attempting to sue for property damage in which my insurance company covered and pain and sufering
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 13, 2014, 04:37 AM
    We have told you several times where to begin. You begin with finding out who owned the vehicle and what carrier covered the vehicle. Your insurance carrier should be able to help you with that. Then you either file a claim with the insurance carrier, or if there was none, you sue the owner and the driver (if separate people or entities). You check out the process for your local small claims court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can they sue [ 9 Answers ]

Can a person take me to small claims court even after I have agreed to pay a loan back. Its been two months since the loan and they are telling me they are taking me to small claims court for $225 that I have agreed to pay in two installments one this Friday and the other next Friday, they said...

Can I sue? [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, so this morning my mom called the bank and they gave her the information about how much money was in my account and everything. I have a savings account, and I've had it since I was a kid, so is her name still on it? I don't think it would be, considering that I am eighteen. I am just...

Can I sue [ 1 Answers ]

I am wanting to sue {Name removed} a guy come to my house giving me da patter to join the company he said it would be a 30 day trail then I would get a form in the post asking if I would like to keep it going which I didn't because the company and dvds are crap so next think I no they took money...

Can I sue for this? [ 6 Answers ]

I got into an altercation with a young lady, and she took it upon herself to go on Facebook and post a public statement saying "If you want to hook up with a whore for one night to call (000) 000-0000 (she had my actual number) and then posted my full name. I feel this is tearing down my reputation...

Can I sue? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been married nearly 15 years and have 2 kids. I want to know if I can sue the woman my husband is having an affair with. We have been separated for 3 months and he moved out 2 weeks ago while I was on holiday. We live in Ireland. I will appreciate your earliest reply. Thank you

View more questions Search