Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dotdotr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 08:11 PM
    Laminate Flooring
    My husband and I bought some laminate flooring and after about 5-6 months it seems like one area of the floor has air underneath it. We left a .25 inch space around the whole livingroom but we still have a huge problem. What can we do to fix this. It seems like one section of the flooring looks like its almost at a v. What can we do??
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 5, 2007, 07:42 AM
    I pray your flooring was the kind that snaps together and is not glued or nailed. Your subfloor was probably not level or it recently settled. Is there a chance you have very high humidity? The laminate company will give you their specs for leveling the floor, often plastic shims. Unfortunately I think you will need to take up the floor for proper repair. I would wait a full season to see if things settle down with the change of seasons.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

May 26, 2007, 08:59 AM
    Your Right About The 1/4" Gap , That's Good But Check Door Jambs Also If You've Cut Them Tight It Will Also Cause This,
    Is Your Floor Concrete, Maybe A Basement, Reason I Ask Is You May Be Getting Some Moisture Under The Floor, If So Use A Dehumidifier And See If This Helps
    If You Can Push Your Floor Back Down It Must Be Tight Somewhere Your Not Seeing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laminate flooring [ 3 Answers ]

I have laminate wood flooring in my kitchen. One of my children spilled something on the floor and neglected to clean it up. When I noticed it, it had already buckled. Is there any home fix-it I can try to correct this. I cannot afford to have it repaired and would appreciate any help.

Laminate flooring [ 6 Answers ]

Will laminate flooring increase or decrease the value of a home? My wife wants me to install it in our home, but it looks so cheap. I want tile. Any thoughts?

Laminate flooring [ 3 Answers ]

I installed a Quickstep laminate floor 4 years ago. The laminate is bubbling in several places. Quickstep has a 20 year warranty, but has denied my claim. They say I used the wrong pad under the flooring. I used the pad that was recommneded by the retailer and in the Quickstep installation...

Laminate flooring [ 1 Answers ]

Do I need to remove the skirting boards when laying laminate flooring

Laminate flooring [ 1 Answers ]

I have several sections of laminate flooring that have been chipped.Is there a way to replace just the damaged pieces?:confused:

View more questions Search