Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JDDeutsch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2014, 08:37 AM
    Restain prestained oak banister and spindles
    Installed darker flooring and the light oak bannister and spindles stand out, in a bad way. Can I gently darken the pretreated oak banniter
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2014, 05:34 PM
    The only easy way is to use varnish stain after sanding everything. Otherwise, you will have to strip or sand off the old finish and stain darker.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I fix my botched restain?? [ 0 Answers ]

I wanted to restain my already stained dining table a darker shade. We started to sand the poly coat off but decided to go with a stripper. Following the directions on the can we put it on and sanded with steel wool. Started staining and now there are circles in table from wool Help please

Red oak versus white oak flooring [ 0 Answers ]

We are in the midst of a renovation of our kitchen and adjacent family room, and as part of it we are replacing the old wall-to-wall carpet in the FR with hardwood flooring, to match the existing hardwood in the kitchen. They put down the new floor two weeks ago and feathered it nicely into the...

Re-doing banister [ 3 Answers ]

I have a natural banister and would like the spindles to be white now and the handrail to be a darker than natural finish... how do I accomplish this?

Restaining a previously varnished stair banister and spindles [ 4 Answers ]

I want to change the color of my stair banister from natural varnish to a dark walnut that will match my floor. I plan to paint the spindles white. I have sanded the top of the railings and the base with a palm sander. I wiped the pieces down with a damp cloth twice, allowed it to dry well, then...

Restain wooden dresser [ 2 Answers ]

I just got a new wooden dresser and something has been sat on it and has ate through the gloss finish and I have tried to put stain on it but it won't absorb what do I need to do t fix this problem? Can anyone help me?

View more questions Search