Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rKing1982 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2014, 08:13 AM
    Involuntary movement of the jaw/mouth
    I am a 50 year old male. Yesterday and perhaps the day before, my wife noticed that I was moving my jaw/mouth involuntarily. She also noticed that I was persing my lips a lot and stuttering. She has not noticed these actions previously. My daughter and I have also noticed the involuntary movements. Today, my wife says I am not making these movements. I have been under a lot of stress lately, not getting enough rest and fighting a cold. Could these things be causing the movements? My wife is concerned that they could be signs of a stroke or something serious. Do I need to be checked out if they have stopped. If they start up again, do I need to be seen by a doctor immediately. Thanks!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 30, 2014, 08:20 AM
    Hard to diagnose on line, and we don't diagnose, but you do need to see a doctor because, from your description, especially the stuttering, these may be signs of a very minor stroke, a warning sign.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sharp pain in my lower jaw when I close my mouth after wisdom teeth removal? [ 1 Answers ]

So I got my wisdom teeth pulled 4 days ago. The stitches on the lower right side came out after 3 days and now whenever I close my jaw I get a sharp pain back there almost like a pinching feeling. Is this bad and is there something I should do or just wait it out?

I have a distressing mouth odour.I have gone to physician who washed my mouth but it' [ 2 Answers ]

I have a distressing mouth odour that any time I talk in front of people,they will start rubbing their nose.This is really affecting my social life strongly.I went to a physician who washed my gum but it's still persisting.It's like the odour is from my breath.Please,what do I do.This is seriously...

Involuntary Peeing [ 1 Answers ]

My lab keeps peeing while laying on her bed. Doesn't ask to go out and doesn't even move after she does it. She gets up and I notice a wet spot and she looks really embarrassed. Had her tested for Cushings and a bladder infection and both were negative. Any ideas? The vet doesn't know what it is.

Involuntary eyebag movement [ 1 Answers ]

Why does my left eyebag move involuntarily? How do I get rid of eyebags?

Involuntary Commitment [ 1 Answers ]

Do anyone know how to have someone over the legal age of 21 committed to a alcohol treatment facility without their consent in the state of Maryland?? I thank you for any and all information. Dee_Cecil

View more questions Search