Ultra Member

May 28, 2014, 05:34 PM
    well that's good news
    Opinion: Obama says goodbye to American hubris - CNN.com

we will see an end to american hubris, if only it were so
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 28, 2014, 05:43 PM
    We are still looking for a nation willing to take him off our hands... any takers?
    Uber Member

May 28, 2014, 07:12 PM
    We can even throw in some money to sweeten the deal...
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2014, 07:18 PM
    We wouldn't want to make your budget position worse, you keep him, he makes a good front man for the media
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2014, 10:00 AM
    The Obama doctrine..... "speak loudly and carry a wet noodle "
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2014, 10:22 AM
    He is a putz. He spoiled one of the most important days in these Cadet's lives to make a policy speech mostly defending himself and his lame leadership . CNN correctly reported that the emperor got an " icy "reception.
    The Cadets aren't the typical emperor worshipping sheeple . They can see through his bogus false choice strawman alternatives of "American isolationism" and "invading every country that harbors terrorist networks,"
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2014, 02:54 PM
    Yes he was talking to the sharp end of the sword, something he is not used to doing. i'm sure they were relieved to know they wouldn't be called upon to fight, makes those years of study worthwhile
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2014, 06:41 AM
    It's now "Obama hubris." We have a president totally enamored with himself, but I digress. here's some more "good news," for the second time the first quarter GDP has been revised down, not like that's a pattern or anything with this regime...

Via CNBC

The U.S. economy likely contracted at a much sharper pace in the first quarter than previously estimated with data on Wednesday showing weaker health care spending.

The Commerce Department's quarterly services survey, or QSS, showed health care outlays were not as strong as the government had assumed when it published its second gross domestic product estimate for the first quarter last month.
    The government reported that the economy contracted at a 1.0 percent annual rate in the January-March period. But with health care spending data now in hand, economists say growth probably declined at a rate of at least 1.7 percent.
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2014, 08:28 PM
    I'll give you the "good news" things are tough all over so lower growth, growth is good, right?
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2014, 08:33 PM
    Clete... those revised numbers are contraction, it is a NEGATIVE growth, meaning shrinkage. That's a BAD thing.
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2014, 08:41 PM
    smoothy while ever you have some growth on an annual basis, even if the number is lower, it is a good thing, you see there is a new reality and you got a bounce a while back but you can't expect it to be like that all the time, people keep thinking in terms of 5 or 6% growth but in reality you can't expect more growth than the rate the population grows, all the push for growth that was once there has gone somewhere else

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Good news! [ 6 Answers ]

I got two messages last night from This8384. The first message that she was in labor at the hospital. The second message (shortly thereafter) was (and I quote): Romero Isaac was born at 5:01pm, weighing 8 lbs 10 oz and was 22 inches long. All is well - and she now has a boy to match her...

Kind of good news [ 3 Answers ]

Oook it seems as though I'm not the only person that seems alil concerned about a pimple like bump on my penis. And CHRISISCRAZZY for your info because it's a bump don't nessacerily mean it's a hernia. And I read on a post the other day that the bump could be from too much masturbation. But the...

Good news from Iraq [ 11 Answers ]

Good news from Iraq where President and others in the administration have determined that recently even the Sunni tribes have cooperated with U.S. forces to drive out insurgent groups such as al-Qaeda in Iraq. And the even better good news is that if progress continues some troops will soon be...

Good news or bad news are these doctors of their rocker? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, well I went to the doctor today concerning my miscarriage last week. Some of you may have read my post about having discharge and why the bleeding stopped (after only 3-4 days), well it turns out I am one of those women who can pass everything in 4 days. I have had an ultrasound...

View more questions Search