Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ricstac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 05:46 PM
    Water softeners
    I have well water that is 90 grains hard. I'm fairly new to the whole softener scene. Any advise would be appreciated. I've had quotes from $2000 to $5600 for either salt or potassium based systems. Sound reasonable? What about these "salt free systems"? Do they work? Please help.
    Rich
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2007, 06:43 PM
    Hint, water softeners kill water heaters, ask the maufacturer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Surging water pressure & leaking water heater relief valve [ 19 Answers ]

Just recently the pressure of our water in the house surges when we turn a faucet on, and the city water company verified that our pressure in the house when we open a faucet is higher than the pressure in the lines in the street, and after the water runs is at a normal pressure (meaning their...

Can one shut off water main valve but leave gas hot water tank on? [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if I go away for two days and shut my main water shutoff valve can I leave my gas hot water tank on. I saw two answers To a similar question and one answer said you can leave it on and the other Said you had to shut it off. I am confused now as to whether I can leave the gas...

Water line replacement = entire house low water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had a water line break in my front yard. The city replaced the line but ever since (immediately following the water being turned back on) the water pressure has been significantly lower throughout the house in both the hot and cold. I checked and the valve is completely open so I am...

Whole house filters and water softeners [ 1 Answers ]

Since I'm replumbing the entire house I thought I would got for the whole nine yards, and install a Whole House Water Filter and a Water Softener. Any advide on this being a good idea? One of my neighbors said I shouldn't install the filter since the stuff I'm filtering out is needed inside the...

View more questions Search