Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Devin4rtr3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2014, 07:12 PM
    Low disk space
    My C partition has got a low disk space message and is needed to be increased. So, after checking my drive space, I decode to add some free space from F partition to my C partition. But, I don’t know what to do! Do you know how to do? I am using Windows 7. Please, tell me the ways in details! Thanks a lot!
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 27, 2014, 07:54 PM
    Or you can delete some unused files that you have been collecting... which is true for almost everyone with a computer.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

May 28, 2014, 07:22 AM
    Or if you do not wish to delete the files, either cut and paste them to F or copy first to F then delete from C (movies music photos etc.). You can also go through your Programs and Features in the Control Panel and see if there are any programs you don't use and remove them. Games can take up a lot of room if you have a few, install them to the F drive instead. Finally there is the option of purchasing a larger drive to take C's place and cloning C to the new drive.
    farvaknowsbest Posts: 199, Reputation: 8

May 28, 2014, 11:59 AM
    If you're wanting to partition space from the F: drive to the C: drive, and both drives are on the same disk you can use a program such as EaseUS Partition Master to allocate free space from F: to C:. You can install the program to F: drive so as to not take up anymore space on C:.

EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com
    Horace683 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2014, 06:33 PM
    Ok! In your case, since the free space from F partition is not adjacent to C partition, the “extend” option in Disk Management often cannot be used. So, this way may not be the solution for you.
    In this moment, you need to take chances with some partition resizing tools. There are many similar programs online. Just search one over the internet.
    One more thing, remember to make data backups well in advance.
    Read more detailed information here:
    Partition-magic-server-2003.blogspot.com/2013/11/resize-server-2003-partition-free.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low disk space [ 23 Answers ]

I have a laptop that runs on windows 7 and I have extremely low disk space on windows (C), in fact there is no space and I can't even view a photo in my albums. Clean up does nothing and it asks me to uninstall unused programs to free up space but I can't understand what the programs are to know if...

Thumbnails gone after low disk space notification [ 0 Answers ]

I have been having a notification telling me I am low on disk space.(I use windows 7). I clicked on it to clear space on windows C and it came up with a box to clear temporary internet files, thumbnails, recycling bin, system errors etc.. At first I unchecked the bin and thumbnails and it ran with...

About not enough disk space on C drive [ 2 Answers ]

Hello ! I want to ask some question about my laptop on C drive that it is not enough disk space and can not install new update from Microsoft.But I want to use my old window vista.I had a whole window backup from C drive.Do you think can I install it on a new hard drive and new partition on another...

Free Disk Space [ 1 Answers ]

My computer says that I have low disk space on RECOVERY(D): and whenever I use disk cleanup it barely frees up any disk space. Is there any other way because I have a lot of updates and a few upgrades I need but can't without space.

Need Disk Space - where has it all gone? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm running out of disk space on my C: drive and I need to know what I can delete. I have cleaned up all the temporary files from the internet. I've also move most of my programs to other drives on my PC. I can't figure out where all the disk space has gone. I've already installed another...

View more questions Search