Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elsiemay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2014, 10:30 AM
    Sinuses/headaches/abscessed tooth
    a few years ago, I lost a filling in one of my lower back teeth and part of the filling in an upper back tooth. I've been having bad headaches for well over a year, three weekends ago, it got so bad I couldn't take it anymore, since I have no insurance I went to the closest urgent care and paid $130 to be seen. The doctor/technician? Said fractured teeth were the cause. He didn't think I had an infection or abscessed tooth but gave me prescription for amoxicillin (just in case) and pain medication and find a dentist. I found a dentist who could see me in 4 days. Meanwhile, I took the antibiotics 450mg (ithink) twice a day and started feeling so much better within 24 hours and continued to feel better every day. The dentist took x-rays, told me the lower back tooth was badly abscessed/decayed and had to be removed, the other upper back tooth needed a root canal. They removed the lower tooth, left the upper until I can afford the root canal. It has been about three weeks since they removed the lower tooth and I am starting to get headaches again and I feel like I have an infection again or still? Is it possible to have an infection/abscess in another tooth that has a filling?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 27, 2014, 10:58 AM
    Yes, it is possible to have an abcess, which is an infection of the worse kind, in a tooth that is filled. Your root canal may have to be done sooner then you think. Why not just have it pulled and save the expense. Spending all of this money on repairs is senseless if you are not looking after your teeth with regular maintenance

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

34weeks pregnant with abscessed tooth [ 1 Answers ]

Im in a lot of pain and doctors office is closed to day can get to dentist until January 24 2014 also am allergic to hydrocoden what should I do?

Abscessed tooth swelling [ 4 Answers ]

The right side of my jaw is completely swollen. Its been almost 48 hrs. Since Ive been on the 500 mg amoxicillin. "When will the swelling go down??"

Can a bad tooth cause headaches [ 16 Answers ]

Can a bad tooth cause a headaches that all I wented to no

Decayed tooth with clogged ear and headaches [ 3 Answers ]

I has to get a root canal done and during the procedure the dentist gave me too much novacaine and I had an allergic reaction. My face swelled up for a week and I got taken to the hospital. I recently went to the dentist because that back tooth has been hurting me and apparently my old dentist...

I had an abscessed tooth pulled... [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had an abscess tooth removed, and I'm still in pain, although not as bad, will the pain ease, as my jaw feels very tender

View more questions Search