Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BB555 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2014, 07:29 AM
    How do I get rid of moss growth on concrete foundation?
    How do I get rid of moss on a concrete foundation?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 27, 2014, 07:32 AM
    A dilute Bleach/water mixture will kill it... but unless you resolve the conditions that encourage it (I'm guessing its in a lot of shade) its going to return.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 27, 2014, 05:20 PM
    Vinegar and saturated salt solution works well or why not pressure wash. However, as Smoothy said, you need to find out why the moss grows there..
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 27, 2014, 06:06 PM
    At a guess, lengthen the drain line. Mosses need a lot of water. Then clean it off the stone. Smoothy and Ma0641 have both offered good cleaning solutions. The pressure washer is an even better idea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The foundation blocks around my house do not have concrete between them is this OK? [ 3 Answers ]

The foundation is cement blocks and I have recently noticed that there is no cement between them. Should there be?

Pour concrete adjacent to house, how high should new concrete be to house foundation [ 1 Answers ]

I will be pouring concrete for a patio, concrete will be next to house foundation, the house has a metal around the outside wall, what measurement should I have new concrete not to obstruct the function of the metal piece in the outside wall?

Moss growth on cinder block foundation? [ 4 Answers ]

The foundation on the front (north) of my house( built in 1940) has moss or mold growing on and in it. I have washed and pressure-washed the blocks and noticed that the block is disintergrating. Can this be repaired? And how. Thanking you in advance.

Paint on concrete foundation [ 1 Answers ]

I hired painters to paint my house. They did a good job painting but the concrete foundation that my house is built on now has paint on the bottom. It appears as though the painters didn't even try to avoid it. Is there anything that I can do to get the paint off the concrete or to make it look...

Cracks in concrete foundation [ 2 Answers ]

I recently inherited my grandparents home. It is probably 65 years old with a concrete foundation and crawl space underneath. It was built on to about 45 years ago. The older part of the house has several cracks in the outside concrete foundation. I don't know if they are recent or have been...

View more questions Search