Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ravikumar08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2014, 04:45 AM
    Fits
    I am Feeding mother. Can I use gardenal and frisum combination?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 23, 2014, 06:43 AM
    By "fits," I am assuming you mean seizures. Correct? If that is the case then the gardenal is not recommended for breastfeeding women. The risks to the baby far outweigh the benefits. Frisum also should not be used during breastfeeding.

Both of these medications are in a class called barbiturates. Barbiturates are passed on into the mother's milk and may cause slowed heartbeat, drowsiness, shortness of breath, and trouble breathing.

If you must take either or both of these medications it is highly advised that you bottle feed your baby with either formula or donated breast milk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sunrise fits [ 7 Answers ]

For over a month now at sunrise my dog acts very frantic. He usually only acts like this during a thunderstorm are fireworks display. He's never acted like this before he scratches at the floor begs moans. He is also shedding more than often he's an American Eskimo. He is also 13 human years. I...

Bra That Fits [ 4 Answers ]

I currently wear a 40DDD bra, which I know totally doesn't fit me, so I got re-measured and they said I'm a 38I. Ok, they don't sell those in stores, so I searched online for bigger bras and ordered a 38I. It seemed too small, so I ordered a bigger one... too big! :mad: Does anyone have...

Nicotine fits [ 8 Answers ]

Whenever I don't have nicotine in my system before I sleep I wake up having fits ( shaking, difficulty breathing). I have done tests myself with and without nicotine patches... whenever I apply a patch on me I DO NOT have these fits.. when I don't have a patch on I have these fits.. I have done...

Bedtime Fits [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a daughter that is two years old and she will be three in just three mo. But she is still sleeping in my bed and to be completely honest I never minded it was nice that she wanted to cuddle every night. Now that she is getting older it is getting really hard to be able to to sleep...

Morning coughing fits [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I am a 35 year old male who smokes around 10-15 cigarettes a day. Over the last 3-4 years I used get a coughing fit first thing in the morning, which used last for around 5 minutes, where I used to cough continuously & empty reach, with the odd bit of bile thrown up. After lying down each...

View more questions Search