Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TUBGAS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2014, 08:31 AM
    An employee has had no contract for 5 years, and now one needs to be written.
    An employee has been employed for 5 years, but has never had a contract written up although an oral contract agreement was made. This was when it was just the Managing Director and the CTO. Now the company has grown and all new employees have contracts, this employee also requires one. In addition, the title of the employee will be changing (salary will stay the same) from Director of Operations to Production Manager. This is just a title change to reflect his duties better, again due to the fact the company has grown.

What elements are needed to ensure he doesn't have a case for constructive dismissal? What else should we be aware of in regards to writing up this contract? Should it be dated with the original employment date (I assume so or he wouldn't have the same employment rights as a long term employee)? Should it also have the date the contract is agreed and signed?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Check out some similar questions!

Subletting without a written contract [ 8 Answers ]

I am subletting a room in my 2 bedroom apartment. My landlord was OK with that and did not require for me to and the subtenant to sign a lease. There was only a verbal agreement between us and email communication where he (subtenant) agreed to pay the rent. It has been only 2 months and the...

Journal entry for employee loans written off [ 2 Answers ]

Journal entry for employee loans written off in finance accounting

Can a verbal contract trump a written contract [ 5 Answers ]

I gave a deposit to a contractor to do a bathroom remodel with a 3-day grace period written into the contract to get my deposit back. The time lapsed as I waited for my appt to meet with the contractor at his showroom to pick my bathroom supplies out. When we got to the showroom the contractor...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.