Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 22, 2014, 04:49 AM
    Murder is only worth 60 days in jail in Quebec Canada?
    Sharia in Quebec: Muslim who murdered 13-year-old daughter gets 60 days in jail

Posted on May 22, 2014 by Pamela Geller
    Moussa Sidimé (centre) will serve 60 more days for the 2010 slapping death of his teenage daughter Nouténé. (Jay Turnbull/CBC)

In Muslim countries under the sharia, penalties for honor murder are lenient. Interesting and horrible to see this kind of sentencing in Quebec.
    The Palestinian Authority gives pardons or suspended sentences for honor murders. Iraqi women have asked for tougher sentences for Islamic honor murderers, who get off lightly now. Syria in 2009 scrapped a law limiting the length of sentences for honor killings, but “the new law says a man can still benefit from extenuating circumstances in crimes of passion or honour ‘provided he serves a prison term of no less than two years in the case of killing.’” And in 2003 the Jordanian Parliament voted down on Islamic grounds a provision designed to stiffen penalties for honor killings. Al-Jazeera reported that “Islamists and conservatives said the laws violated religious traditions and would destroy families and values.” (Source: Jihadwatch)
    Add Canada to the list.
    Moussa (left)

Sidimé will not have to serve the 60 days consecutively, meaning he could choose to serve on weekends.
    He has already served 19 days.
    Sidimé, 74, pleaded guilty to manslaughter after slapping his 13-year-old, Nouténé, so hard that an artery in her brain ruptured.
    According to testimony in his 2011 preliminary hearing, Sidimé slapped his teenage daughter twice for not doing a chore in the manner he had instructed.
    Even using the word “slap” is disgusting. This man socked his daughter so hard, she died. Cold blooded murder in the service of the Islamic code of honor.
    “Quebec man who killed teen daughter with slap gets 60 days in jail,” The Globe and Mail, May 21, 2014
    A Quebec man who slapped his teenage daughter so hard she died has been sentenced to 60 days in jail.
    Moussa Sidime, was sentenced Wednesday, is expected to serve his time two days a week over 30 weeks.
    The 74-year-old man had pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the death of his 13-year-old daughter, Noutene, in October, 2010.
    The court heard Sidime struck her because he didn’t like how she had completed a chore and because she had been disrespectful.
    It was Sidime who called 911 himself after finding the girl unconscious minutes later. She died after a few days in hospital.
    The Crown was seeking a prison sentence.
    Sidime’s lawyer had argued for leniency, calling the death an exceptional case.
    Pamela Geller is the Editor of PamelaGeller.com

Sharia in Quebec: Muslim who murdered 13-year-old daughter gets 60 days in jail |
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2014, 05:48 AM
    well it's rediculous, but then so is all of Islam, a barbaric code and it is rediculous to see a nation like Canada be lienent on child killers. i would hazard a quess that he isn't even sorry
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 22, 2014, 10:44 AM
    We aren't lenient on child killers. This is a different circumstance and these people are judged and sentenced by a jury of their peers who are not all Canadians.

Best you read up on how we really treat child killers in Canada, paraclete.
    Uber Member

May 22, 2014, 10:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    We aren't lenient on child killers. This is a different circumstance and these people are judged and sentenced by a jury of their peers who are not all Canadians.

Best you read up on how we really treat child killers in Canada, paraclete.
    Why do they get special exclusions from Canadian law at all... Their peers should be ALL Canadians, not selected by race or religious preference... and Canadian law should apply to them the same as anyone else in Canada.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 22, 2014, 11:57 AM
    Firstly he was convicted of manslaughter, not murder, and secondly its hard to point the finger and be outraged when we in America let a teen drunk getaway with killing 4 people.

Texas teen Ethan Couch gets 10 years' probation for deadly DWI crash - CNN.com

You don't have go to Canada to find stupidity, and inequality, or confine it to a religion you hate either.
    Expert

May 22, 2014, 01:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Firstly he was convicted of manslaughter, not murder, and secondly its hard to point the finger and be outraged when we in America let a teen drunk getaway with killing 4 people.

Texas teen Ethan Couch gets 10 years' probation for deadly DWI crash - CNN.com

You don't have go to Canada to find stupidity, and inequality, or confine it to a religion you hate either.
    Good point, but our wonderful members here will probably find a good answer for that one too.

I get really quite ###p###d when all of you start pointing fingers at Canada for anything nowadays. I dont think i ever point any fingers down your way but I can start now.
    Uber Member

May 22, 2014, 02:43 PM
    60 days for manslaughter Particularly in this case isn't even a slap on the wrist. You will do more time for shoplifting a Roast from a store.

Tickle...take a look at one of your fellow contrymen...NeedKarma....90% of his posts on this forum bash Americans....and how perfect everything is north of our border, This thread was made in their honor.
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2014, 02:48 PM
    point away tickle, but how can you allow a jury to decide the length of a sentence. we used to have travesties like this once but then we enacted truth in sentencing laws to ensure the sentence fitted the crime. You want to allow someone other than a judge to decide a sentence let the parents decide the sentence
    Expert

May 22, 2014, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    point away tickle, but how can you allow a jury to decide the length of a sentence. we used to have travesties like this once but then we enacted truth in sentencing laws to ensure the sentence fitted the crime. You want to allow someone other than a judge to decide a sentence let the parents decide the sentence
    Our judicial system in Canada is presided over by a Judge and a jury. Where do you get the idea it is a jury only? The Crown wanted a prison sentence.
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2014, 05:33 PM
    Our judicial system in Canada is presided over by a Judge and a jury. Where do you get the idea it is a jury only? The Crown wanted a prison sentence.
    are you saying the jury was more lenient, no surprise there but a judge should know better. Some old darling on the bench, no doubt. There is only one way to deal with serious crime and that is in a serious manner, we have just enacted new one punch legislation and it isn't considered manslaughter. GBH in any form is serious and not tolerated
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 24, 2014, 04:43 AM

Why didnt the prosecutor go for a murder chanrge when what he had done was clearly illegal and from the situation was most likely not the first time it occured. There are other charges that should have been tacked along with it too. Child abuse being one of them. That way he can never be around children without supervision.

Child discipline | Family Law | I have a legal question
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 24, 2014, 05:16 AM
    And another country submits to the barbarians to avoid being labeled "intolerant." Canadians, how does Dhimmi feel?
    Expert

May 24, 2014, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    And another country submits to the barbarians to avoid being labeled "intolerant." Canadians, how does Dhimmi feel?
    I don't see anyone commenting on Tal's post #5 regarding a drunk teen in Texas getting TEN YEARS PROBATION for killing four people. What do you call this? Good judgment on a court decision ?
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

May 24, 2014, 09:01 AM
    I think this is world wide... not a country issue rather a humanity issue. We need to start looking at the issues as world wide. My solution to the issues in my part of the world is I am becoming an activist for human rights, animal rights. I am also changing my part of the world by just being nice. I know that sounds silly but I believe if more people would do that then we would see change on a larger scale. We just need more nice people than evil people.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 24, 2014, 03:28 PM
    .I am also changing my part of the world by just being nice. I know that sounds silly but I believe if more people would do that then we would see change on a larger scale. We just need more nice people than evil people.
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2014, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mogrann View Post
    I think this is world wide... not a country issue rather a humanity issue. We need to start looking at the issues as world wide. My solution to the issues in my part of the world is I am becoming an activist for human rights, animal rights. I am also changing my part of the world by just being nice. I know that sounds silly but I believe if more people would do that then we would see change on a larger scale. We just need more nice people than evil people.
    How very niaive of you, evil is not defeated by nice, it is defeated by action.

What would wide issues would you like to look at? let's take fundamentalist Islam, now I'm willing to think there were nice people in Nigeria but the only thing that will eliminate Boko Haram is action, military action. I look at my own society and I observe the names and backgrounds of offenders and it occurs to me that while my society is basically nice, peaceful and lawabiding, it hasn't made any impression on these people. This is why we gave 15 Year sentences to muslim boys who gang raped a Christian girl, 15 years for rape and the Canadians give 60 days for "manslaughter". Noone gets 60 days here for a serious crime
    Expert

May 24, 2014, 06:03 PM
    I second that NK; Morgrann gets four more from me
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2014, 06:19 PM
    I second that NK; Morgrann gets four more from me
    I'd like to give you a rating, but my thoughts are unprintable, appeasement has never produced a positive result
    Uber Member

May 24, 2014, 06:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    ...appeasement has never produced a positive result
    Exactly, Neville Chamberland proved that appeasement dioesn't work... and its been proven over and over since then as well (and well before that too). And there is about 1,400 years of history proving you don't appease Islam....you either kill them or they kill you. Anyplace they achieve a critical mass mob mentality kicks in and they opress any other religion or belief, to the point of killing them if they don't convert. Recent history of the numerous Genocides being attempted and perpatrated towards Christians and Jews by Muslims only highlights that. Look what been going on in France and the UK with them. They refuse to assimilate then Riot because everyone doen't bend over and bow to their demands.

Sharia is by its very definition....a violation of human rights on multiple levels on multiple points. And I don't trust ANY group that even THINKS its a good idea.

With that said....individually many Muslims are perfectly fine....but like other groups....get enough of them in one place and trouble results....(like many activists, soccer fanatics, Drunks etc....)
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

May 24, 2014, 06:53 PM
    Smoothy and Paraclete then if my way of doing things will not work how do YOU plan to work to change things? There is no sense in getting up in arms if you are doing nothing to help change things for the better.
    I see no reason why my being nice to people yet still protesting and working toward change will do harm. OH well we all have our own opinions and the right to not agree.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dating Laws in Quebec, Canada [ 8 Answers ]

I am fourteen years old and I have a guy friend who is going to be twenty-two the end of this month. We have been best friends since I was nine and he was sixteen. I have already entered the dating world when I was twelve, but never with a guy seven years older than me. We have already kissed...

Theft under 5000 first offence Canada, Quebec [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I recently stole $2000 in a series of 3months from my work the loss prevention officer finally stopped me. I'm getting charged for theft under 5000. I've checked around a whole bunch of sites and got most of the info I needed. What I need to know is that in canada how much time in prison would I...

Regarding Car Registration and Car Insurance (Quebec, Canada)- Urgent [ 1 Answers ]

We live in Quebec, Canada. Is it possible for a senior citizen, who had her 23 yr. old car picked up for scrap, and is no longer with a license, still able to have another car (new) registered to her name, but have another family member be the main driver of the automobile? My 83 yr.old Mother had...

Expropriation Law in Montreal Quebec Canada [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering what measures I can take against an Expropriation by the city, in this case St-Bruno de Montarville. Thank you

Anyone from Quebec, Canada? [ 8 Answers ]

So I wanted an answer from someone who knows for sure what the legal age to drink in Quebec is. I heard that it is still 18, but I am aware that some have changed the age to 19 Please let me know. Thanks.

View more questions Search