Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaiposdad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2014, 10:09 AM
    Employment offer letter
    I recently signed a Employment offer letter which had included "Title, Salary, etc & Start Date". I was scheduled to start today, but yesterday evening I received an email informing me that my start date has pushed back 1 week (estimated).
    Is this considered a breach in contract? I have other employment opportunities and was wondering if I decline offer due to starting date change was enough justification to bail out. This is a former employer and feel like I'm burning bridges.
    Any input would be great. Thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 21, 2014, 10:14 AM
    Not considered a breach of contract, they did inform you properly and in good time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Letter of Offer [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to offer my company service to another compay. So I need to write a letter to saying that I'm offering my service to their compay, Thank you

Offer Letter [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I received an employment offer letter on Saturday, and I have to return by Tuesday. I would like more time to review the information- is there anyway I can extend it? Best regards Tom

Offer Letter [ 1 Answers ]

Employment offer letter [ 3 Answers ]

I received an employment offer letter from a company I had interviewed with and at the time, was planning to go to work for them. Things have since changed and I am no longer able to work for them. I was scheduled to start on March 6th and signed the offer letter and returned it to them. There...

View more questions Search