Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tairbair Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 02:47 PM
    Child custody of an unborn child
    My question is concerning my sister, she moved to this state I live in now, only a year ago,to live with me, she got pregnant by some guy she was seeing, when he started beating her up she left him,(she was only 2 months pregnant at this time) now she's 7 months pregnant and we are moving back home,(she going back to our hometown with me and my kids and husband) The babies father is trying to keep her from leaving, he said he's taking her to court, and if she leaves it would be kidnapping... is this true? How could it be kidnapping if the baby isn't born yet, also if she stayed here she would have no place to live.. Please help... :confused:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 4, 2007, 03:38 PM
    I don't think he has a lousy leg to stand on. Just get her out of there and thinking clearly about that new life she is carrying. He will eventually fade into his woodwork.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 4, 2007, 03:44 PM
    He is controlling, and before the child is born, there is nothing he can do.
    Once the child is born, you need to file at once for custody, and file for child support. He may get visitation of the chlld. You will need to document any threats he makes and even report them to the police if he threatens to harm her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody Rights to Unborn Child [ 9 Answers ]

Do I automatically have custody rights to my unborn child since I am not married and paternity has not been established? Does the alleged father have legal rights to force prenatal paternity testing? Does agreeing to paternity testing automatically give him custody rights if it is determined that...

Child custody for an unborn [ 1 Answers ]

This is me first time on this forum, and my question is if I may obtain custody of my child when it is born, the mother does have a record of attempt suicide and she has done drugs to my knowledge until a few months of her finding out she was pregnant, she is easily annoyed my kids and she admits...

Custody of Unborn child [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend of 4 years are calling it quits. We have a 2 year old daughter whom he has custody of and another baby on the way. He doesn't want to split up the children, which I completely agree with, but I was stupid enough to give him custody of our daughter and I don't want to give him...

Divorce and unborn child [ 2 Answers ]

My husband recently filed for divorce because he can not deal with the legal issues my first husband is putting us through. WE have a child that is due in December but he wants to give up his rights so I won't be in his life, but the catch is that he wants me to sign a consent decree stating that...

Unborn child [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I am 22 and married. I live in az with my husband. I am 4 months pregnant. Some things have come up in my marriage that aren't good. I want to know. Is I leavehim and go back home to North Carolina can he get me for kid napping? Or do I need to get his permision to leave the state? Someone...

View more questions Search