Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1563621 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2014, 05:10 PM
    Gas Dryer Won't Heat#11072954100
    My dryer runs but does not heat up. I bought a thermal switch but cannot find it. Back panel does not remove.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 19, 2014, 05:26 PM
    Have to remove the top, swing it back and then remove the front. More complicated than the old remove the back. The thermal switch is on the exhaust tube right after the elements. Suggest you go to You Tube and enter "replacing the thermal switch on a Kenmore dryer". Next time you post, please include the brand.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2014, 09:38 AM
    The safety is behind the drum, but NEVER install a safety without first thoroughly cleaning every part of the dryer. You need to totally tear it down and scrape out and wash all of the parts except the motor, which you vacuum out. You have to totally tear it down piece by piece. Halfway cleaning it will not work because all it takes is one clogged up air passage or dirty sensor. You can go to YouTube to see videos on how to take it apart, but do a very good job or it will fail again quickly. I would get a new belt and change it while you have it apart and get some white lithium grease and grease any bearings you find. The support rollers are greased by pulling the pin and greasing it and greasing the inside of the roller. You need to clean out a drier every two years, at least, according to the manual. You just unplug the wires from the sensors and remove ductwork that they are attached on and clean the entire thing with soap and water. Make sure you go all through the dryer and get all parts like the blower fan and housing (it has to be scrubbed and washed out), vacuum out motor well and clean exhaust. Mark all wires you unplug so you know where they go. If you leave any dirt in the ducts it will blow another fuse quickly or will not maintain the temperature correctly. This is an easier job than you would think. Make sure to clean around all of the sensors, if it has them. Also, change the belt while you have it torn down so you won’t be doing it later. See: Dryer vent cleaning prevents fires - YouTube and: Cleaning out a dryer with top lint cleanout - YouTube
    Cleaning out a dryer: By a woman 2 of 2 - YouTube
    Manuals: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ontrols%20.pdf
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...20Controls.pdf
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...g%20Dryers.zip
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...l%20Dryers.zip

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas dryer won't heat [ 3 Answers ]

GAS DRYER Won't HEAT My Maytag gas dryer (Model MGD5570TQ) turns on OK but after a while, the flame goes out and does not come back on. I can see the "glow plug" lighting up / cycling - but no flame. I cleaned out the vent and completely replaced the ducting to the outside. If I re-start the...

Gas Dryer Won't Heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore gas dryer model No. 11070901990 Serial No. MJ4402385 and it does not won't to heat. The dryer will start, tumble and stop. Your assistance will be most helpful. What can I do to fix this? Thank you Donna

Amana Gas Dryer won't heat on heat cycle [ 2 Answers ]

I have an Amana gas dryer about 10 years old. The dryer will heat and the timer will advance on the timer cycle but it will not heat on the heat/more heat cycle. I have cleaned the lint vent entirely. I can see the ignitor get red hot and then ignites the gas on the timed setting. I am not sure...

GE Gas Dryer Won't Heat [ 2 Answers ]

20+ year old GE gas dryer. Igniter glows, but gas does not turn on. Silver box (I assume a relay) on top of gas control is warm to the touch. After about 30 seconds, it clicks, the igniter goes off, it waits about a minute, then repeats. Any ideas on what to check or replace? Thanks in...

View more questions Search