Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aj900 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2014, 07:50 AM
    I can't get into my start menu
    Someone please help my window8 Toshiba laptop won't let me get to my start menu I have tried everything even resetting the computer if I click the icon for start it won't let me in same if I hit the start button can someone please help me
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 19, 2014, 08:40 AM
    I agree that Windows 8 is a pain. I recommend installing this: Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements
    Select the Windows 7 look and you're good to go.
    TheCurioso Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

May 31, 2014, 12:41 PM
    Have you tried switching off your desktop (swipe to the right on the screen if it is a touch screen, swipe on the mouse pad if it isn't), then moving your mouse to the bottom left corner and clicking?

Switching off your desktop meaning in some sort of application where the bar at the bottom is not visible

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Start Menu "All Programs" won't show the menu [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! This is my first post My Start Menu "All Programs" won't show the menu. Any kind soul please help

Can't right click on start menu [ 2 Answers ]

Why can't I right click on anything in my start menu? I can't pin or unpin anything nor can I switch the order of my programs (alphabetical or otherwise). Can anyone help me figure Out what has happened to my computer??

Icons on Start Menu [ 3 Answers ]

How do I get an icon onto the start menu?

Start menu taskbar [ 4 Answers ]

On the start menu task bar the open windows doesn't appear to me to navigate easily between pages I need to make it appear again

Slow start menu [ 3 Answers ]

I'm running win98 on a refurbished IBM netvista, Pentium II. I've noticed over the last few weeks that my start menu is sporadically very slow. Like, I will click Start, and it will take 30 seconds or more for the menu to pop up. Sometimes it doesn't pop up at all, the computer freezes and I have...

View more questions Search