Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

May 15, 2014, 06:15 PM
    Need a guidance. Help.
    Hello, I have been married since 4yrs. I know my hubby loves me but, I am little sad that he don't express those feelings, and sometimes he behave really mean and selfish, especially when he is mad at me. He just don't let go of the things, as I do when he does some mistakes. I mean, I have been forgiving him for so many things which are really big deal for me. But he never does that with me. Moreover, he also use harsh words for me which just cuts m inside like for eg- worthless, fool, why I married this woman etc. Even though he asked me forgiveness for same harsh words but he repeats it again when he gets mad at me.
    He has some anger problems and he knows that too. I don't have any elder or even friend to talk about it.

My hubby is very good and educated person but I don't know why he behaves like this. Whenever he feels like talking with me I listen to him, but when I want to have conversation, he either say he is busy or he will just listen half, with no interest or feedback. I know there is a difference between man and women, in thinking, understanding and different love languages. But he doesn't even take initiate, he himself say sometimes that I am not able to understand you. But he doesn't even try to understand me. I know he gets really busy sometimes. But I just go crying for like more than an hour sometimes whole day. But his heart never moves. He just ignores me as if I am invisible. Its just breaking heart.

I don't want to leave him. But I don't want to live my life like this. I am just going through emotional and mental trauma. Please help me.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 15, 2014, 06:24 PM
    If he won't listen to your concerns, and work with you to fix your marriage, you're already losing this battle.

Have you considered marriage counseling? I would look into it.

It's not all about him, but it seems he doesn't realize that. He won't listen to your concerns, he doesn't care that you're upset. That's not a good sign.

Marriage is a compromise. There are no two people on this earth that will agree on everything. When two people marry, they take the good with the bad. They compromise, they talk to each other about their differences, and they find a middle ground. If you can't talk to each other, it's a lost cause. Communication is the most important aspect of marriage.

Based on your post you seem ready to talk to him, but he refuses to talk to you about your issues. If he won't confront the issues you have, he's dooming the marriage.

Counseling is a very good start in fixing this, if it can be fixed.

Sorry that you're in this predicament. Sadly, it's the main reason why divorce happens. It's a failure to communicate.
    krissyg2991 Posts: 142, Reputation: 11

May 15, 2014, 06:27 PM
    Honey, it doesn't have to be physical to be abuse. Calling you worthless and trying to degrade you is never OK. It's emotional abuse and in a lot of ways it's just as bad, if not worse, than physical abuse. There is a difference in love languages, but what you're describing doesn't sound like affectionate behavior. I know my man sometimes clams up when I'm upset and I feel like he's ignoring me or doesn't care, but in actuality I don't think he knows how to handle it. I would try to talk him. Set aside some time. Start by summarizing-what you need to talk about and why. If this doesn't work, I have never left a couple's counseling session feeling like I wasted my time. It might be worth a shot and sometimes an outside perspective really helps clear some things up.

Most importantly, let him know that him saying those things hurts. Sometimes people get so caught up in their own lives, they don't realize the damaging effect their words can have. Tell him how it makes you feel and don't take it anymore. You're worth more than that.

10 Signs You May Be in an Emotionally Abusive Relationship -
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 24, 2014, 06:34 PM
    Friends, kids, work, career? What are the positive things in your life?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Guidance [ 1 Answers ]

My Gf of two and a half yrs cheated on me. I was overseas doing military thing and within month of me coming back to u.s. She had a one night stand with her friend whom I met. I found out last weekend because she had mentioned when she first saw me she almost said someone's else's name 2x once when...

Guidance [ 5 Answers ]

I was with my girlfriend for four years, we talked about marriage and a life in the future. She was recently diagnosed with MS and is in pain all the time. She's on heavy pain meds and is only 29 years old. I am significantly older at 49, but we have a wonderful time together. She just told...

Could use some guidance [ 24 Answers ]

Hello. I'm writing because I feel like I have no where else to turn. I feel like nobody believes me. I feel like there's nobody I can talk to about this. When I was a little kid I had my first "experience". My sister and I were asleep in our bedroom when something woke me up. I saw something...

Could use some guidance [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 24 and am incredibly depressed. I haven't been able to smile for over a decade now. My teeth have rotten due to neglect. There is so much more to it psychologically than I could even begin to explain. I am terrified of the dentist and the feeling of hopelessness that I'll never be able to...

Guidance [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there Im having a troubled time and would appreciate some guidance on the career and romance fronts. My dob is 5 jun 74 and my initials are K P Thanks for your time.

View more questions Search