Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Silly Lilly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Weaning Kittens
    Okay, our cat had her kittens 2 weeks ago, (and if you read our last question, yay! We found the kittens! ) Anyway, we have read about weaning kittens and it said to separate the kittens from the Mother, what if you don't have options to do that. Will the mother eventually wean them once they start eating food? We have read that you can start feeding them at 3 weeks, is this true?
    Moekie01 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2010, 12:18 PM
    Yes it is just make sure the kittens see the mom eating when they are ready they will start but if after 18 weeks they don't start eating then separate then and let the kitten know this is his food now
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 5, 2010, 12:22 PM

Old thread. Closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Weaning off Vicodin [ 1 Answers ]

Been taking Vicodin 10mg 4 or 5 a day for 4 months :( now I'm trying to quit and I found when I stop taking them it's awful! The withdrawal symptoms are gut wrenching! I heard about a Weismann Method, but I can't remember what it is, can someone help me figure out how to ease the symptoms?...

Weaning kittens [ 3 Answers ]

I have decided to keep one of the kittens from my cat's litter and need to know how to ween her from the mother. The mother cats desperately needs to get back on her Front-line. The fleas are starting to take over again and she is very allergic. She is starting to lose her hair. I do quite a...

Weaning kittens [ 2 Answers ]

I was just wondering what is a good food to start weaning kittens on There only 4 weeks but there mother isn't milking that well so I was wanting to feed them and let them nurse too

Weaning from Prednisone [ 6 Answers ]

How do I know when it is the right time to wean from Prednisone and what series of steps should I take to wean from 5 mg of Prednisone? (I have Polymyalgia Rhematica)

Weaning 5-week-old kitten [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been syringe-feeding an orphaned kitten since she was 2 weeks old... and she loves it. However, at nearly six weeks, she should be starting to eat some solids. I just can't get her to take any interest in it! I put basically the same stuff I'm feeding her from the syringe in a little...

View more questions Search