Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RVgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2014, 03:59 PM
    If circuit breaker resets then you plug the device in and circuit breaker trips again
    I I have an outside weather proof receptacle that's 120V for an RV. It tripped when it rained so I unplugged the RV from the outlet and reset the breaker. It held in the on position and I plugged the RV back in. Everything is off in the RV. But the circuit breaker trips and will not reset and hold with the RV plugged in. Does it need to dry out before using it? Or might something else be the problem?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 14, 2014, 04:39 PM
    Is it a GFCI outlet? The problem would appear to be in the cordset to the RV. Have someone check for cuts or shorts to ground.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 14, 2014, 07:09 PM
    Agree but let it dry over night before you put too much time into it. Also try another cord maybe connected to something other than the RV.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theory of vacuum Circuit Breaker & sf6 circuit breaker [ 15 Answers ]

I want to know about the basic Theory of vacuum Circuit Breaker & sf6 circuit breaker

Why does my c9 trips my circuit breaker? [ 1 Answers ]

I have christmas lights in my front yard, flowerbed, and various trees in my yard. My light show goes on without any problems. It is only until recently when I decided to add several strings of c9 lights around the border of my lawn that I experienced power shutoff; breaker in my garage went off. ...

Circuit Breaker trips because two bathrooms and master bedroom on same circuit [ 6 Answers ]

Some electrician committed a blunder in my opinion about 17 years ago. The master bedroom and two full bathrooms are all on the same circuit. If two hair dryers are used at the same time, it will trip the breaker every time. In figuring out what amperage would be required for two hair dryers and...

Ac trips circuit breaker [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn on the ac, it trips the circuit breaker and the outside fan does not turn. The furnace comes on and air warm air comes through the register. Is this an ac problem or a circuit breaker problem?

Circuit breaker trips constantly [ 2 Answers ]

After eight years in the house without any problems now the oven circuit breaker keeps tripping as soon as the oven is above about 250 C. I turn off everything else that might be on this circuit and still the problem exists. Help!

View more questions Search