Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bre84 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2014, 08:26 PM
    Drug/metabolite cannot be excluded in drug test results
    Hi I recently had to have a drug test for my lawyer to possibly use in court to help my case and there is a phrase in the comments I don't understand I asked the doctor but couldn't understand him or his accent can someone please tell me what it means? This is what my test results came back as
    Urine pH 5.3 (3.0-8.0)
    u-creatinine 3.07 mmo1/L (>1.76)
    Opiates negative
    Amphetamine type substance negative
    Cannabinoids negative
    Cocaine metabolites negative
    Benzodiazepines negative

Comments
    Specimen screened for drug(s)/metabolite(s) indicated above. The presence of other drug(s)/metabolite(s) cannot be excluded. Further testing may be indicated. Specimens are held for one month from the date of testing should further testing be required.

The comment that drug metabolites can't be excluded is what is worrying me I don't want to hand my lawyer something that could get me into trouble if it isn't 100% clean as I did smoke marijuana and gave up about 2 to 3 months ago and I have had a methamphetamine habit also I hadn't had anything for about 3 or 4 days prior to the test.
    I hope someone can help me
    Thanks
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 13, 2014, 11:15 PM
    It means they only tested for those substances listed, all of which were negative. There may be other drugs for which they did not test. A 3 or 4 day window isn't much, you may have been lucky..
    bre84 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2014, 06:05 AM
    Thanks for your help ma0641 :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 14, 2014, 06:18 AM
    ma0641 is correct. This means that you tested negative for all of the common substances listed on the test. 2-3 months abstinent from marijuana would put you in the clear. However, the test you took did not test for your meth addiction, thus holding your urine specimen for one month should there be an indication that there is substance abuse above and beyond what was originally tested. If there is an indication that you should be tested for meth, that specimen will be used and will test positive.

What do you stand to lose should you fail that test? It's quite possible that if you check yourself into rehab now, that failed test won't go against you as seriously.
    AntC Posts: 184, Reputation: 19
    -

May 14, 2014, 07:03 AM
    J9 you are incorrect. His urine was tested for "Amphetamine-type" substances- that covers Meth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drug test results [ 1 Answers ]

I have been going to my pcp for over 3 years, take a drug test every month, never had a bad one, until this month, dr say tested positive for marijuana, sent test out says tch is negative, but positive for xanax which I do not use and negative for ativan which I do use, some one help me please!...

Drug test results [ 1 Answers ]

What does a drug test[hair}cannabinoids and carboxy thc level 0.94 pg/mg mean and what is the results of a positive urine drug screen

Drug Test Results [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone! :D I'm not sure if this is in the right spot to post this so forgive me if it isn't. I have applied for a job and it is mandatory to take a drug test, although I don't do any drugs myself I am constantly around people who do. The people I live with smoke pot everyday, that doesn't...

Understanding drug test results. [ 1 Answers ]

I failed a probation drug test - I tested positive for thc. I have not been using. PO sent test to lab for confirmation. I went to doctor and got my own urine and blood tests. Received the results. None detected in blood. However there was something detected in urine, but I don't know what it...

False drug test results [ 4 Answers ]

I have someone in my family that is on probation.My family member got in trouble for DUI. Since then, they have been trying to get their life back on track and abiding by all the rules of their probation.My family member went to visit her probation officer like they were scheduled to, so the...

View more questions Search