Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelly 20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2014, 06:01 PM
    The question is about me lying on my friends in high school
    The thing is couple years ago my classmates asked me if I ever dated before, in fact I've never had a boyfriend, yet, when they asked me I said " yes, I had a boyfriend " so that I don't seem as a LOSER, and now I feel so stupid for what I did, and I'm afraid, if I meet a guy in the future and if it happens he asks me about if I had someone before him, well I'll say "no " but what if one of my classmates tells him " she once said that she had a boy friend "WHAT WILL I DO AT THIS KIND OF SITUATION?! Well it may seem something silly but I do really really reaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllll lyyyyyyyyyy need advice.
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

May 14, 2014, 06:41 AM
    Hi Kelly,

The fib you told was a very minor one and I am positive you are not the first person to say that you have had a boyfriend even though you have not.

I would not let it upset you too much.

As you told this fib a couple of years ago I doubt anyone will recall what you said and even if they did I would not let it worry you.

When you get a boyfriend it is your decision whether to tell him if you have had a boyfriend in the past.

I do feel though that honesty is the best policy and tell him that he is your first because you were waiting for the right one to come along.

That should make him feel happy and wanted and should convince him to take really good care of you.

Poseidon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 14, 2014, 06:51 AM
    Depending on where you are. If this is United States or Canada, and you are in high school or college or out of school.
    Boyfriends will not ask, or should not ask, who you dated before.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 14, 2014, 07:49 AM
    Why not simply tell the new guy, when there is one, the truth, you lied before because you didn't want people to think you were a loser back then. Just because you lied once years ago you, don't have to keep lying. I fail to see why he would question your classmate about this though unless HE is a loser now.

Are you still in high school? A good lesson in being who you are, and not having shame, or guilt, about your actions or words just to impress others.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need copy of high school diploma asp? I graduated 1968 Downey High School, L.A. CA [ 1 Answers ]

I need a copy of my High School Diploma from Downey High School, graduated in 1968. Where would I be able to obtain a copy?

Is it a good idea to move into a friends house, while in high school? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 18 and I'm still living with my parents. The problem isn't with my parents driving me crazy, the problem is that I want to feel more like an adult. To do so I feel like I have to move out and live with a friend. But I wanted to know if I should do it if I'm still in high school? I'm debating...

High school friends - Maybe the one I am meant to be with? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, Well, this will take a while If I have to write everything. I will you give the clips version. Basically it all started when we were 14 (He was a year older than me) so he was 15. We met at school, actually I met him through his girlfriend at the time. We became good friends, and...

High school friends or not? [ 4 Answers ]

I need some advice about high school I'm in yrs 7-10 in high school and my friends all thought I was mad at them just because I wasn't hanging out with them and yestadaii I spoke to one of them and she said why aren't u hanging out with us and you said just because I'm not hanging with you guys in...

View more questions Search