Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimberlyolague Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2014, 05:19 PM
    Being sued for charged off credit card in Texas
    Just got served stating being sued for delinquent Lowe's credit card account. It states that I have to reply within 14 days. The amount is less than $4000.00. What do I do? Please help
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 13, 2014, 05:25 PM
    Your post heading indicates "charged off ". Why in collection
    Did you incur the debt.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 13, 2014, 05:26 PM
    First, a charged off debt doesn't mean you don't owe the debt. A charge off is simply a tax maneuver to take a loss on the creditors taxes.

You respond to the court that you intend to defend the suit and send a copy to the plaintiff asking for proof of the debt,
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2014, 07:46 PM
    And if there is a collection agency involved, check carefully what additional costs have been added to your original debt. Some of these agencies have been found to have added illegal costs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sued over credit card debt Texas [ 12 Answers ]

My husband was issued papers last night saying he's going to be sued over a bad credit card. It says we have have to send a answer within 10 days of receiving it or the plaintiff can build a case on him. I don't understand all this please help

I've been sued in Texas over credit card debt what do I do [ 2 Answers ]

When does the statute of limitations run in Texas and in their petition do they not need to provide an accounting or statement. I'm being sued by collection agency in county court - what do I need to do?

In the State of Texas being sued for credit card. [ 3 Answers ]

How long does a judgement stay on my record, and how long can they are they able to garnish from my accounts?

I am being sued by credit card companies. I live in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

I know they can not garnish my wages, but they can put a judgement against me. And I will not be able to collect any settlements or have a checking account with out them getting it. I just want to know how long would the judgement stay on my record, and how long are they able to collect from any...

Being Sued in Texas for a past credit card debt. [ 2 Answers ]

I have been served a summons, to appear in my county court because I am being sued by a credit card company for a past debt that was charged off. I have no means to pay a lawyer, and wonder if anyone can help. Can I show up to the court by myself? How do I plead? What is the precoces and what do I...

View more questions Search