Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rosespeer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2014, 11:40 AM
    Ultrasound showed 4cm hypoechoic mass CT scan showed only cysts
    I am a bit confused that the ultrasound showed a 4cm hypoechoic solid mass and several cysts. Then when I had the CT scan the results only showed 3 cysts. Is it possible that the CT scan did not pick up the mass or that the radiologist didn't read the images thoroughly?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 13, 2014, 11:44 AM
    I have to ask why you did not discuss this with the radiologist or your doctor... they both could actually see the scans, and give you the best answers... nobody here can do anything but make guesses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ultrasound showed baby's neck is short (maybe)? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello sir or mam, This is related to my secong pregnancy,I had my 20 weeks ultrasound and everything came out fine... but doctor said that neck is little short (5mm for 20 weeks fetus),but she said everything is fine... but again as she said that neck is little short...

Ultrasound showed a mass and CT did not [ 0 Answers ]

I have had a partial hysterectomy. I still have my ovaries. I am 50 years old and my primary care phsycian sent me to the hospital to have an ultrasound because I had swelling in the going area and abdominal pain. The ultrasound showed I had a 2" mass. I then had a Cat Scan done two weeks later...

Ultrasound showed that my right ovary is behind my uterus [ 2 Answers ]

Any clue what that means? Went to my yearly exam in Nov 2011. Few weeks later get into a serious car accident, I was the driver (not my fault, BTW). Have had pain in my lower right side and have had black or brown/black stringy discharge since the accident. Was in ER few nights ago and they did an...

Ultrasound showed earlier that I thought [ 3 Answers ]

I recenlty had a ultrasound at what I thought was 6 weeks and 4 days, but the person soning the ultrasound said that I measured at 5 weeks 1 day. I was wondering if anyone has ever had this happen to them?

Scan showed nothing, what now? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I was/am? Just 6 weeks pregnant. I had to go to hospital for an internal scan today as I had a light bleed 3 days ago with cramp. Both scans showed no problems with my ovaries and there was no sac in my womb. I then had blood test for hcg level. Have to go back on Friday for another test...

View more questions Search