Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Triniqueen6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2014, 02:21 PM
    Door jam
    How to slightly lower a door. Is there a pin in the hinges to pull up? End top of door is jamming and it used to shut years ago.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

May 12, 2014, 02:57 PM
    Hi Triniqueen

The first thing to check will be the door hinges themselves...maybe they have loosened and simply need to be retightened (or have longer, larger screws put in).

If the screws/hinges were not the issue then the bad corner of the door can be reduced a bit using a carpenter's PLANE or a belt sander...;)

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interior door hits jam [ 3 Answers ]

Door will not shut after putting hinges on a new door. Can I cut the hinge in deeper?

Arched Door Jam [ 6 Answers ]

Not sure if this should be here or in interior home improvement... I have 3 arched windows from my office to the foyer that are open arches. I built shutter/doors for them but wanted to put in a jam on the inside. Can anyone recommend a site/product that I could use to put a 1x2 doorjam...

Door jam out-of-plumb [ 1 Answers ]

I moved into a newly built house less than a year ago and the door between the Master Bedroom and Master Bathroom will not close. When we moved in last year, the door would close; but the gap narrowed at the top of the jam from the hinge side of the jam to the knob side of the jam. Now the top of...

Replace jam french door [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to replace a section of jam on a french door that was made by peace door - - there are plugs in the jam when you take the plug out the is like a screw or something -- looks like the end of a allan wrench how do these work and how do you get in the hole to trun it - - I tried deep well...

View more questions Search