Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firefighter Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Fluctuation in temperature
    My programmable thermostat turns the heat on above and below the programmed temp.Is this normal? Example thermostat is set at 22degrees heat will come on at 22.2 degrees or sometimes will not come on till 21.6
    ljen18 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Apr 6, 2007, 08:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter
    My programable thermostat turns the heat on above and below the programmed temp.Is this normal? Example thermostat is set at 22degrees heat will come on at 22.2 degrees or somtimes will not come on till 21.6
    I would not be concerned if it is just a few tenths of a degree. If it is like 3 degrees or more, I then would be concerned.
    firefighter Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2007, 08:09 PM
    Thanks for the answers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fluctuation in thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

My programmable thermostat will turn the heat on before and after the set temperature.Is this normal? Example, thermostat is set at 22 degrees, sometimes the thermostat turns heat on at 22.2degrees or sometimes it will not turn heat on till 21.6 degrees.

Temperature change [ 1 Answers ]

A 50 g piece of aluminum is heated to 100 degree C and then put into a beaker containing 150 ml of water at 20 degree C. Assuming no heat loss to the surroundings, determine the final temperature of water?

Temperature [ 1 Answers ]

Why does the same air temperature feel differently in different parts of the country ? i.e. - Breckenridge, Colorado @ 40 degrees, feels much different than Houston, Texas @ 40 degrees no matter the time of the year.

View more questions Search