Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    upintheskyguy420man Posts: 104, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2014, 02:20 PM
    Dual audio out w/Windows 8.1
    I have a video card with HDMI out, and the audio works great. I also just got a sound card hooked up and it shows as a device in "Playback Devices" option of windows volume. I also have a bluetooth dongle that supports up to 7 devices, and two pairs of bluetooth headsets, one already synced, other new in box. How can I get the audio coming out of my stereo through HDMI, and my bluetooth headphones, or two pairs of bluetooth headphones when watching movies with my father?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 9, 2014, 06:27 PM
    HDMI to tv. Then audio out from tv to your stereo system. Do the headphones work along with the hdmi already at the same time ?

May 9, 2014, 06:31 PM
    They aren't already working together. HDMI from video card goes to 720p Emerson TV. Optical out on that goes to Phillips FR-965. Headphones run off Rocketfish bluetooth dongle...
    Internet Research Expert

May 9, 2014, 06:47 PM
    When you have the HDMI cable plugged in do you have sound on your computer or does it cut off?

May 9, 2014, 06:50 PM
    ? The sound comes out fine through the TV. Or through the stereo if I want it to as well. I want to also play the same sound (watching a movie, listening to music, etc) on two devices. I kept reading an extra sound card would be needed though it's seeming more like I just need a good sound card that is capable of doing dual out on it's own...
    Internet Research Expert

May 9, 2014, 07:03 PM
    Most modern computers allow you to have sound at more then one source. That is why I asked if the computer had sound at the same time as your hdmi. If your hdmi has audio passing through it then your other channels are free to go where they can go.

Does the tv have audio out ports on it? If so and your passing audio through your hdmi cable then to listen to audio through the stereo while watching a movie it needs to be connected from the tv to the stereo (amp system).

Then with your bluetooth connected your computer should be free to use that as an audio connection for your headphones.

May 9, 2014, 07:12 PM
    I do have HDMI out from video card going to TV. TV optical out to amp system. Plays through speakers but having trouble figuring out how to send it also to a device which is not default playback device in windows 8.1. I was reading this could be solved by having a separate audio card. Just purchased a basic one, but can't figure how to use one to out through HDMI (to TV to amp) and the same audio to my bluetooth headphones. Thank you for your time.
    Internet Research Expert

May 9, 2014, 07:17 PM
    On your computer do you happen to know the driver for your audio? One popular one is named "Realtek". It is through that driver where you can change the settings to allow your headphones to work over bluetooth and also audio out through HDMI.

What computer system are you working with ?

May 10, 2014, 08:21 AM
    Dell Inspiron 531s. 4Gb Ram. 500 Gb Seagate HDD. AMD Athlon X2 (64 bit) 2.1 Ghz Dual Core. Radeon HD 6570 1Gb GPU. Sound Blaster 5.1 Digital audio card (tried 3rd party driver, not sure if worked correctly) I've tried Realtek drivers in the past with similar installations and yielded some quality/signal loss, but otherwise liked the options of the driver at the time. I may try it again and see how it does for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I have upgrade my PC to windows 7, but I have not audio? [ 2 Answers ]

I have upgrade my PC to windows 7, but I have not audio?

How to get the audio device back on windows xp? [ 1 Answers ]

The sound device has been missing on my computer for ages , I need it back

Multimedia audio controller driver for windows xp [ 1 Answers ]

Who I can download multimedia audio controller. Please help me

Windows movie maker remove audio [ 2 Answers ]

I sooo need help! I made a windows movie maker, and I accidentally added 3 of the same songs to one video, and I was hoping if you can tell me how to remove 2 of them! Please! Its for some homework thing and I need to finish it soon!

Audio and windows movie maker [ 10 Answers ]

I have a video that already has music playing on it. However I wish to remove the song from that video and add the song that I want to it. I can get my song on there but the other song keeps playing along with it. How do I get it fixed?

View more questions Search